I Had a Small Revision on the Dorsal Hump, Yet It Still Feels Like Nothing Has Changed, What Can I Do? (photo)

I had the original surgery a year ago, and everything looked great except the dorsal hump, it was improved but not great. It has only been 3 weeks since the revision and I understand that swelling takes a while, but I have been through this before and am kinda freaking out. Is there anything I can do to help this or do I just have to wait it out? Thanks so much

I Had a Small Revision on the Dorsal Hump, Yet It Still Feels Like Nothing Has Changed, What Can I Do?

+1

Just wait it out.  At 3 weeks, as you may know from your previous Rhinoplasty, the nose still has significant swelling that hides the real result.  Give yourself a few months until the true result of the bridge modification(s) are evident and if you're concerned ask your Rhinoplasty surgeon.

Bump after rhinoplasty

+1

You need to wait at least 3 months before making any judgements. You don't appear to have a discrete bump and everything may turn out fine.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Three weeks post revision

+1

At three weeks post-revision, I suggest you wait it out.  As you already know, the sweling will take several months to settle.

You may be a candidate for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatment.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed your photo. You do not appear to have a lot of swelling on your bridge, though 3 weeks is too soon to judge your final result.

In my opinion, your situation is easily remidied without further surgery. Instead of surgically removing more of the bump, you may want to consider getting an injectable filler placed in the indentation below your bump and above your bump. This may lead to a completely straight profile without further surgery. In my practice, I prefer to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. See attached photo.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Small Revision for Dorsal Hump 3 Weeks Ago

+1

Unfortunately, all you can do 3 weeks after your revision surgery is wait at least 6 months to evaluate the results of your hump removal. There is nothing you or your surgeon can do at this time.

Revision rhinoplasty along the nasal dorsum

+1

The short answer is that you will have to wait closer to a year before anything else surgical can be done. Sometimes taping firmly and massaging along the dorsum can help to smooth out irregularities and soften scar tissue. I would discuss these options with your surgeon.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon