Dental x-ray reveals small piece of metal in my nose 2 years post-rhinoplasty. Is this normal? (photo)

A Small Piece of Metal Discovered in my Nose 2 Years After Rhinoplasty in a Dental Xray. Is This Normal? I had Rhinoplasty almost 2 years ago. I went to get an X-ray today as I am getting braces soon. When the dentist brought back the results of my X-ray they seen a small piece of metal inside my nose. Is this normal?? My nose seems fine, it doesn't hurt or get infected. I'm just worried it could cause problems in the future...Is it normal? And if so why is there metal inside my nose?

Small Piece of Metal in Nose after Rhinoplasty

+2

The piece of metal could be a needle tip or some wire used for stabilization.  You should just call the plastic surgeon's office for the operative report to determine if something was used intentionally.  Either way, that small piece should not make a difference, and trying to retrieve it at this point may cause more harm than anything else.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA