Small Petitie 5'2 105 lbs going in for a lift and smaller implants. Which type should I choose?

Have a lot of breast tissue, cannot decide on type: moderate, moderate plus or high profile. 56 yrs old , want to look natural.

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1
I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size Selection

+1
Thank you for your question. There are many factors to consider when selecting implants that are best for you. The main variables are the look you desire and what your anatomy will allow. Make an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area to be evaluated. After you've found the best Surgeon for you, trust in their training and experience to help you make your implant selection. Keep an open mind as there are hundreds of implants to choose from. Good luck to you.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Natural ??

+1
Natural is how you are NOW. Plastic Surgery is NOT natural. We do this every day and I tell all my patients to get real about expectations. We will never be 16 again. The type of implant is actually immaterial, it all depends on your tissue and then the doctor can decide the best implant to use.

James Apesos, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Breast

+1

To best help you, a physical examination or picture evaluation is required in order to determine which procedure and technique will be best for your case.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

What implant should you choose?

+1
It really depends on you and what characteristics you are willing to accept.  As for the style, it is determined by what volume you have chosen and the surgeon usually gets to choose the style as it has to fit on your chest.  Please remember that there is nothing natural about implants and that some people will simply have more natural looks, depending on the tissue quality and amount that is available to camouflage your implants.  Discuss with your chosen surgeon how the type and volume is to be selected... and try to avoid letting your surgeon do all the decisions for you as it is your body and you will be wearing it after surgery.

Curtis Wong, MD

Implant Sizing

+1
I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implants with lift

+1
First you have to decide on saline versus silicone.  Personally, I prefer saline because they are more trouble free in the long run.  With saline implants, I prefer high profile simply be use I feel they rippling less. If you go with silicone, moderate or high profile won't make much difference, especially since you are going with small implants anyway. I hope this has reduced the confusion to some degree, but every surgeon has their own preference and may advise you differently. That's why it often makes sense to get a few different opinions, especially because there are so many ways to approach the lift with implants and surgeons' skill and experience vary substantially on this particular operation. Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

+1
   This is very difficult to give advice without the benefit of an exam.

What type implants to use?

+1
There is no way to give you a recommendation without a physical exam. This would also involve breast measurements and a detailed discussion about your desired appearance. However moderate plus profile implants are overall the most commonly used implants today

Jeffrey K. Scott, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1
High profile does't usually deliver a natural look!

In breast augmentation I have chosen to spend time reviewing photographs with patients to fully understand their expectation of size and shape. Many times this simply raises more questions. I will make measurements and use the implant guides to allow the patient to understand exactly the sizes that are reasonable for their body type and measurements.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS