Im a small petite . 5f 2 and weight 100 pounds. I wonder if 350 cc would be too big for me? My doctor recommend 300cc.

Im a small petite . 5f 2 and weight 100 pounds. I wonder if 350 cc would be too big for me?

+1

Thank you for the question. Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with meaningful specific advice. Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Choosing breast implants

+1

I think that it is important to be evaluated in person to determine what implants may be best for you. This requires an exam as well as a discussion of your goals.

Breast implant size

+1

What implant size should I chose is a very commonly asked question and of course very important. In general, size is best be determined during an in person consultation. The factors included in this determination can be chest size, amount of breast tissue initially present, skin elasticity, and of course, a patient’s expectations.

I will say that in general, one year post op, when women are asked if they like their size, do they wish they went larger or smaller, more than 50% of women will wish they went bigger. Just keep this in mind.

That being said, 300 cc implants will be large for someone of your height and weight.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Breast sizing for implants

+1

Deciding upon size is always a difficult decision

You are obviously petite but you do not say how big your existing breast is or what you hopes and aspiration are in terms of size. The consultation and discussion with your surgeon is vital and ultimately you are paying for wisdom and experience. That said, the choice is down to you.

Perhaps discuss it some more and go from there. I am sure you will be delighted regardless

Good luck!

Paul Banwell Consultant Plastic Surgeon, London

Paul Banwell, MBBS, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon

350 cc would be too big for me?

+1

It seems a bit too big based on your ht/wt. But the amount of breast tissue you have naturally is even more important since the final result is the summation of implant volume and breast volume. Photos would allow us to give you a more specific answer.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Best implant size

+1

The ideal breast size is a matter of preference and taste. At some point the implant size exceeds the size of the space that can be created to hold it. That size is different for every patient based on dimensions and breast type. If your surgeon recommended not going above 300 cc for these reasons then 350 cc is possibly too big.

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

+1

50 cc usually does not make much of a change from a technical or visual point of view. However, your surgeon is in the best position to evaluate the size due to breast implant width and implant profile considerations.

Small implants are best

+1
Unfortunately, you have not told us your bra size. If you are 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. If you are 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired goal. 300 cc implants may be too big for you. I always recommend small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon