If I Have a Small Overbite. Would You Recommend Braces or a Retainer?

i have a small over bite and one crooked tooth in the front .Would you suggest i get braces or a retainer.is anything neccesary?

Small overbite

+1

Your Dr can tell what is your best treatment. For small problems a retainer or invisalign are great. It also depends on what you are will to do to achieve a good result. Your Dr will tell you all the pros and cons for each approach...good luck

Chesterfield Orthodontist

+1

If it is a concern for you, then you should try to have an orthodontic consultation. Most of them are free and you will have a better idea, you can also consider doing Invisalign (clear braces). Retainers will not help with the problem, it will keep your teeth in placed, so you do not get more crowding, but if you decide to do braces you will get a set of retainers at the end of treatment.

Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist

Braces or a Retainer

+1

A retainer is generally worn AFTER completion of orthodontics or Invisalign therapy.There is no way of telling what YOUR needs are without a lot more information, including photos and X-rays.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Retainer or braces for small overbite

+1

You have not provided us with enough information to answer the question.  A retainer is not going to improve what you have though so if you want better your only option would be orthodontics

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist