I Have Small Oval Nostrils. Will Surgery Reshape Them?

My small nose has always been like this and I hate the shape it. For some reason I have notice that sometime I have difficult breathing. I looked inside my nose(I know it sounds gross) and there's either a bone or cartilage blocking my breathing in my right nostril. I don't think this is normal. I am planning to do rhinoplasty and looking for the perfect surgeon

Rhinoplasty question

+1

you probably have the lower edge of the septal cartilage presenting itself in one nostril. If that is the case, it is really easy to fix, but you need to be examined to determine if tere are other things causing breathing difficulties and also need to be addressed surgically.

Rhinoplasty for small nostrils

+1

The nasal airway can be obstructed by several structures when they are either out of place or the passage way is just too small. At the same time, modification of the shape of the nose can often be made to satisfy the aesthetic goals of the patient. Do your homework and seek surgeons who are board certified and have specific expertise in rhinoplasty.

William Franckle, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

I have small oval nostrils. Will surgery reshape them?

+1

An in-person exam would be necessary to advise you. If you have a deviated septum, it can be fixed during a septorhinoplasty. I would recommend a consult with a board certified and experienced rhinoplasty specialist. He or she will be able to evaluate your nose in person and provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

+1

The nostrils can be reshaped during the surgery. The septum can be altered as well if this configuration is obstructing breathing. An exam would be necessary to confirm. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty

+1

It sounds like you have a septal deviation.  This can be fixed at the same time as your rhinoplasty.  Seek out a board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon for the best results.  They are experts in the internal functioning of the nose and the external cosmesis  Best wishes!

David Alessi, MD

Rhinoplasty and Small Oval Nostrils

+1

The goal of rhinoplasty surgery is to improve the appearance of a nose by changing the size and contours of the nose to achieve a natural proportional result. Any nasal obstruction should also be removed to improve function.