Small Nose, Good Bridge and Wide. How To Make it Skinnier? (photo)

My nose is extremely flat.. it is consider thin skinned its just really flat the tip is. I have a small nose but my tip is really messed up. My dad as long as I could remember he had a really flat nose. I am american/polish. I'm 19. Is there any chance of getting a skinny nose?

Wide, flat nose rhinoplasty

+2

From the photo you submitted I can see that your tip does appear somewhat wide compared with the rest of your nose. It's impossible to assess the flatness you describe without additional views of the nose, including a profile.

Rhinoplasty can be used to improve the tip fullness and if needed it can also improve the projection of the nose to futher enhance the appearance.

Achieve A Skinnier Nose

+1

Dear Amber,

Based on your photo, it is hard to provide you with a solid opinion about what could be done to improve your nose as well as you overall facial features; physical examination is required to provide you with the best solution possible.

With that perspective, your nasal tip appears to be short and bulky hence a tip-adjustment will be best as it will bring the best of your facial beauty.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.
Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Small but wide nose

+1

A skinnier nose can be achieved with different procedures.  A rhinoplasty procedure involves narrowing the nasal bones through osteotomies.  Flat tip cartilages are best addressed by suturing techniques to give more projection and dimension to better balance with the remainder of the nasal components.  This can all be done through closed rhinoplasty techniques under general anesthesia.

Yes Your Small, Wide Nose With a Good Bridge Can Be Mae Skinnier

+1

It is hard to answer your question without seeing your entire face. A great nose balances and harmonizes with the rest of the features on your face.  A great nose on one person's face will not necessarily look good on another person's face. With that said, your nasal tip does look quite wide and certainly could be made narrower. A consult that includes computer imaging would be helpful because it would show you what you would look like if your nose were changed. This way, you could decide if the narrowing your surgeon thinks he or she will be able to achieve will give you the look you desire.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Narrow Nose

+1

The photo does not show the entire nose, but the dimensions already seem pretty reasonable.  However, your nose can be make "more" narrow by adjusting the bony mid-nose.  Osteotomies can be used to shift your bones toward the mid-line.  

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Small Nose, Good Bridge and Wide. How To Make it Skinnier?

+1

Rhinoplasty can be used to make the nasal tip thinner "Tip Plasty".  Be certain that the plastic and cosmetic surgeon, you select, for your Rhinoplasty, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose and face.  

Making the nose smaller by rhinoplasty

+1

From your photograph it is difficult understand the complete anatomical features that you are trying to correct.  It is possible to reduce the size of the underlying cartilages and in this fashion the overall size of your nose can be reduced.  

Skinny nose with surgery?

+1

Obviously the tissue thickness can not be improved upon. However, if the tip is bulbous because the cartilages are wide, then this can often be improved.  A consultation will allow for a better evaluation.

You Can Make Your Tip More Defined

+1

When I look at your picture, the tip of you nose appears "rounded and soft".  In undergoing a tip rhinoplasty, I would suggest taking steps to define the tip to achieve a nose that "fits" your face.  Many times to achieve this result, we have to project or make to tip come out farther from the face.  I am not sure that would be an option for you since I cannot see a profile picture.

I hope this helps!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Refining a tip

+1

Your nose can be improved with a tip rhinoplasty, refining the lower lateral cartilages with sutures as well as a cephalic trim

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon