Small Nodules Under Eyes After Restylane Treatment

Three weeks ago, I had Restylane injected under my eyes and last week small nodules started appearing under my eyes. This morning one of them has surfaced onto the skin. What are these things and how do I get rid of them? Thanks.

Restylane under eyes

+2

It is impossible to tell what your nodules are without inspecting them. It is very unlikely that the Restylane has migrated to the surface. I would recommend seeing the physician who injected you for an evaluation. 

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

The enyme that reverses Restylane bumps under the eye.

+1

If the enzyme under the eye is really Restylane then it was most likely injected too superficially. The proper way to inject for dark circles is "under the muscle" not over it as in the case of superficial bumps. Hyaluronidase is the enzyme used to break down Restylane so if these nodules are from the Restylane injection, they should be quite easy to reverse.

Schedule an appointment with your injector to have them inspected, diagnosed and treated.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Restylane nodules under eyes

+1

Dear Mary,

It goes without saying that you SHOULD see your injector and doctor (hopefully it was the same person).

Depending the placement of the Restylane, it MAY have been too superficial. IF that is the case, it can be either removed with a small nick in the skin (if really superficial) OR it can be dissolved by injection of an enzyme which breaks it down (Hyaluronidase) which has several commercial names.

Make sure that IF you require the latter it is done by a doctor and NOT an "injector".

Hope this was helpful.