I have a small indented scar on my left cheek, can I expect it to flatten and smooth out with time?

hi, I a small indented scar on my left cheek, will it flatten out, fill out, or smooth out with time, the scar is about a month old, I'm afraid I have no photo for you, need some expert advice to put my mind at rest, thanks.

Scars and Healing Time

+1
Great question.  All scars are different and all people heal differently.  Depending on how deep the scar is (what it is from), your own healing tendencies, and location of the scar all make a difference in the final outcome. A month is still a short period of time and your scar will continue to improve in appearance; likely filling in as well. After 3 months, or even sooner-- you may consider being evaluated by the proper physician to address the possibilities of dermal filler, laser resurfacing, or even surgical scar revision.  The first two are non-invasive ways to really improve the texture of scars after a series of treatments on the cheek.  Good luck! 

Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

+1
It is possible that this scar will improve over the next 11 months to a point that you will be happy with it. It's impossible to give specific advice without seeing the scar. However, if the scar is still indented at 12 months post-injury typical options include scar revision, laser resurfacing or filler treatment to raise the depressed area.

I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon