Will Small Indent After Rhinoplasty Eventually Even Out?

I had a small bump removed during Rhinoplasty 8 days ago. When I slide my finger where the bump was, it doesn't feel smooth. I feel a small indent on the bridge where the bump was. Is this normal and will it eventually smooth out? Hope someone can help! Thanks!

Indent after Rhinoplasty

+1

Stop rubbing your nose after only 8 days! Your result may turn out very nicely, but you will be traumatizing the area this early on by feeling it and obsessing. If you surgeon taught you massage techniques follow those instructions explicity, but don't keep pressing the area to see if the indentation is improving. You said that you had a rhinoplasty in addition to the bump removal. If this included the nasal bones, that is even more reason not to be putting pressure on this region in the manner you describe.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Hard to tell because the nose is still very swollen from surgery

+1

Since it has only been eight days from the rhinoplasty surgery, it is impossible to tell if indeed there is any dent or not in the nose. The nose is still very swollen from the surgery. Full evaluation can be performed at one year after the surgery to determine if there is any residual indentation present.

Rhinoplasty Recovery: Give Your Nose a Chance to Heal

+1

In the first several days following rhinoplasty, the nose goes throught many changes. After the first several weeks, the swelling should subside to the point that you will get a better idea of the result; however, it may take several months or up to year before you see the final results.

Irregularities that you feel are less important than visual irregularities. As long as your nose looks good and functions well, you should not be too concerned about how it feels. If you have any concerns, you should let your surgeon evaluate it.

C. Spencer Cochran, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Indent after rhinoplasty

+1

It is likely that the nose will be great. My advice would be to be patient and don't sweat the details right now. You can drive yourself crazy feeling the nose and inspecting the result when you really won't know the end result for months. Enjoy the improvement now and if in several months there is something you can visually see that isn't perfect deal with it then.

Edward Buckingham, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon