Do Small Implants Look More Natural? I am an A Cup Now.

Hello! I'm getting surgery in a month and I'm not sure about the size yet. My main objective is to obtain the most natural look. I am 170cm, my bra size is 80A or 32A, chest contour 76cm and breast contour 82cm. I'm planning to get 140cc or 175cc under the muscle, anatomicals but now I'm worried that they might look to separate o like two tennis balls in my chest. What do you think? I just want to get a size bigger and don't want to get big breasts, just my size but fuller!

Can Small Breast Implants look unnatural?

+3
Everyone knows that extra large breast implants can look unnatural. But, small breast implants can look unnatural as well. Selecting the appropriate size and shape of implants is imperative. My website includes dozens of images of women with very, very small breasts who have a natural, conservative looking result.  Please look at al my videos about small and natural looking breast augmentation. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Small natural breasts

+2

I think the volume you have chosen will allow you to look natural but anatomical implants look natural only in the standing position. When a woman is lying down, their breast should look round, not tear drop shaped, so it will look unnatural in that position

Julio Garcia, MD

Small Implants Look More Natural

+1

Based on your description and dimensions, smaller implants would be preferable. Communicate your objectives and concerns to your surgeon and I am sure you will be able to agree on the optimal solution for you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

+1

With your body frame, small implants definitely will achieve the "natural look" you are looking for.  Since you do not have much breast tissue to cover the implants, I would suggest for you to go with silicone gel implants, which feels more realistic(breast-like) than saline implants and minimize the ripple look.  As a possible alternative to using anatomical implants, consider using either low profile or moderate profile implants.  As for your question about if you breasts will look too separated after the augmentation, it will really depend on your nipple position and how your rib cage is shaped. Without seeing you in person, it is difficult for any doctor to definitively answer your questions. My best advice is to sit down with your plastic surgeon before your surgery, and let him or her know your questions and concerns. Try on some implants, then make your decision.  

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Do Small Implants Look More Natural? I am an A Cup Now.Answr:

+1

While it's true that really big implants can look really fake, I think at times, too small of an implant looks even more tennis ball...We saw that a lot in the 80's when very small implants were used....and 140cc or even 175cc are really small....I think too small in most women who are an A cup....So for my patients I suggest they go a little bigger and a little wider....

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Picking Breast Implants for a 32A (80A) Tall Woman

+1

Picking "THE BEST" breast implants for you cannot be done by tossing a bunch of numbers into a computer, reach in and - volia - out comes THE implant choice. If this was the case, you could probably shop for implants on Amazon or Ebay. While I FULLY understand the frustration and eagerness manifested by many women where they recite every possible measurement (short of shoe size) hoping that my colleagues and I would somehow come up with THE magical implant.

Unfortunately, choosing the best (ie most atractive) implants depends on consideration of the available amount of current breast tissue to cover the implants (to hide the implant ripples), the extent of skin elasticity, the width of the chest (which would determine the width of implant which can be propped on it), the degree of desired breast projection etc.

A huge step forward in actually seeing what you may look like after surgery in volves a simple 5 minute office procedure; A Virtual Breast Augmentation with digital imaging. Using a set of computerized cameras, a 3D image is obtained of the woman's torso. Once done, the Canfield VECTRA machine will show you how you msay look with any implant on the market making the choice of implants a LOT easier. 

Smaller Implants More Likely To Have "Natural Look"

+1

I think that you are on the right track in thinking that a smaller implant is more likely to give you a natural look.  Implants of the size you have selected probably will not look like 2 tennis balls.  There are other variables which increase the chances of getting the result you seek.  I would also recommend silicone implants which also are more likely to provide a natural look.

John Whitt, MD

Smaller implants are more natural

+1

Thank you for your question. Smaller implants are definitely more natural than larger implants. Implants under the muscle also tend to be more natural and round implants tend to look more natural than 'anatomical' implants. Silicone gel implants tend to feel more natural than saline implants, particularly in patients who have very little breast tissue to cover up the implants.  The size that you have chosen should look very natural and will likely only take you up one cup size. Good luck with your surgery.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

For a more "Natural" appearance, smaller, gel implants are best

+1

Hi there-

Assuming all other things are equal and that you are a good candidate for augmentation, a smaller implant is less likely to look like an implant than a larger one.

If the most natural slope is important, I would also say that most women (especially thin women with very little of their own breast tissue) are best served by a gel implant.

I, personally, do not agree with the use of anatomic implants.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Smaller more natural breast implants

+1

Smaller implants do often have a more natural look and feel, especially with a lower profile to blend with the breast and move and flow as one. More cohesive gels are stiff, and anatomics are good if you will spend your life standing. To avoid tennis balls, think wider diameter, lower profile, gel with some give and flow.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com