Small Implants After Breast Lift Two Years Ago?

I am 57 and wear a women's size small in clothing...so not real petite. 5'4" 140 pds. My breast lift is good with much lower breast tissue wearing a small B cup. Two years later, I am thinking of adding 175 cc to enhance my look. My hope is to create more fullness on top using a moderate plus round implant. Along with my lift I had 300 cc's removed as I never liked being that large. Would small implant create alittle fullness on top? Tissue with thinner skin... saline or silicone?

Increasing Superior Pole Fullness with Breast Augmentation

+1

A small implant after a breast lift will help to create superior pole fullness.  If there is very little tissue to cover the implant, a submuscular augmentation with silicone implants is probably the best solution.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast augmentation Los Angeles, CA

New Alternative would be Mini Ultimate Breast Lift rather than Implants

+1

You may be a perfect candidate for a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to lift your breast tissue higher on the chest wall, reshape your breast creating upper pole fullnes and increase your cleavage.  This would be better than adding an implant, particularly if you have already undergone resection of breast tissue because you were dissatisfied with the large size before.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Achieving upper pole fullness with small breast implants

+1

Hello.

Thank you for your inquiry.

As you have mentioned, the smaller implants will be what you will need mostly to achieve the upper pole fullness. 

The catch is to be able to decide on the shape as well as the size of the implants that will best fit your anatomical features.

Unfortunately, at this point it is not possible to provide you with further details without a physical examination/consultation

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Augmentation

+1

You want to get upper pole fullness, which is what you are describing. The only way to achieve this is with small breast implants.

A breast implant delivers the upper pole fullness that cannot be achieved with a lift alone.

+1

Yes, you are on target.  First of all, I'm glad to hear that you had substantial lower pole tissue removed at the time of your lift.  This is the best way to correct sagging.  But a lift will not give you the desired fullness of the upper poles.  Implants do the job nicely, which is why it is unusual in my practice to perform a breast lift without simultaneous implants.  So you probably could have had them at the time of your original surgery.  No matter.  No burned bridges.  Often a second procedure is a good opportunity for your surgeon to tighten the lift a little more, particularly if you had the preferred vertical lift.  175 cc is very small.  I would recommend a larger implant size.  Doesn't matter much whether you choose saline or silicone.  Usually submuscular placement is best.  If you'd like to look at some examples, you can check out this part of my website.  I've attached a link.

Web reference: http://www.swansoncenter.com/content/ideal-breast/procedures/breast-lift/patient-photographs.asp

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant for Fullness on Top

+1

An implant can provide fullness on the top part of the breast. It is critical to choose an implant with a large enough diameter that it will span above the nipple. A 175cc implant has a diameter which is quite small. The bottom of the implant sits just above the fold underneath your breast.So, you would need an implant with a diameter which spans from the breast fold  underneath to far enough above the nipple to give you the fullness you want on the top.

Web reference: http://www.chicagobreast.com

Breast implants after lift

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to answer your question.  An implant may help to provide fullness. Good luck.

+1

For the best look, the breast implants need to be where the breast tissue is. If your breasts are a bit low and you put the implant higher you will have a very distorted unshapely breast.

Photos would help us to give a more specific answer.

Breast Implant after Lift

+1

An implant will increase your upper pole fullness.  The size of the implant necessary will depend on your chest dimensions, present breast volume, and desired goals.

Breast Implants Concerns after Breast Lifting?

+1

As you can imagine, it is not possible to provide you with precise advice without direct examination. However, assuming your breasts are in good position ( after breast lifting surgery),  breast implants may be your best option to “create more fullness on top”.

Exactly what size or profile of breast implant will best meet your goals will depend on your examination and a clear communication of what you are trying to achieve. In my practice, I find that this communication process is clarified with the use of gold pictures. Show your plastic surgeon the size/shape of breasts that you like as well as what is undesirable.

Again, generally speaking, for patients with “thinner skin”,  I prefer the use of silicone gel breast implants if possible.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm