Small Implants (200cc) for a Tall Person For a Small Boost?

I'm 5'9", 118 lbs and have two kids. I used to be a 32B, and am more of a 32A/B now. In addition, my right breast is smaller than my left. I'm small boned, and really just want a small boost - I want to look very natural, with no obvious "bubble" at the top. My BWD is 11.5 cm, and I measure 27" under the bust. I'm thinking Mentor Mod-Plus 200cc and 225cc, or even just Mod 150cc and 175cc. Why don't more people use these sizes? Or am I missing something?

Implant size selection

+1

Small implants could be the right fit for you. But it is impossible to give you any recommendations without a formal physical exam.

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.
This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Modest Breast Augmentation With Small Implants

+1

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Without photos and examination it is hard to provide you with the appropriate volume of the implants that will meet your goal.

Nonetheless, your height will play a major help in your case as you can go around 250cc without having the "bubble" at the top of your breasts. You have to keep in mind that gravity will play its role and a certain drop of the implants will take place.

Many patients are for the modest breast augmentation as tastes vary from one person to another. Some of those patients change their minds for larger implants after several months post surgery while others remain satisfied with their results.

So, I encourage you to choose your plastic surgeon carefully, someone who is board certified with ample experience. Make sure to communicate with him/her so you can be on the same page for optimal results.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Small Implants

+1

You should stick with the Mentor moderate profile implants as they have less projection than the Allergan low profile implant. Just be careful to get the appropriate BWD implant which I believe would be 225 to 250.  This will  minimize the space between your breasts and give you the most natural result.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Small implants

+1

Dear Alexandria resident,

No, you are not missing anything. It all depends on your measurements.  If you are indeed size 32 full A , a 150 cc implants will bring to a size 32 full B . If that is the size that you are comfortable with, than , that is the size that you should get. Mentor is making that size.  However, if the reason for getting that size,  is to avoid the "bubble" at the top, than you are missing something.  You can have a full C breasts size and look very natural without a "bubble". That can be done by doing the displacement massage technique that allows the implants to fall into place and obtain a very nice slope. You need to consult with a plastic surgeon who is familiar with that technique. By the way, to become a size full C you will need a 250 cc implants and the asymmetry can be easily corrected.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Implant choices

+1

Small implants are OK in the right patient. It is important to be evaluated in person to perform a physical exam and to review your goals.  Good luck.

What size implant for small enhancement

+1

Hi, like everyone else said it is impossible to predict what implant will get you the look you are aiming for, but keep in mind that taller people can get away with larger implants and a 200cc implant is pretty small and unusual for a 5'9 person. please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and get examined and measured for best outcome.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Sizes

+1

Without seeing you in person or seeing "before" photos, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  That said, there is not a one-size-fits-all implant for patients.  The implant choice has to do with the patient's anatomy, tissue thickness, degree of asymmetry or other anatomical factors and also the patients desires for final outcome.  Each patient should be evaluated on a patent by patient basis to achieve the best result for the individual patient.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

What Size Breasts?

+1

Every woman has certain desires when it comes to cosmetic surgery and it's important for you to communicate that with your surgeon.  In my office, we have a sizing kit which allows patients to try different sizers to get an idea of how they will look with implants.  We also ask patients to select a photo of a  woman that is the size they think is attractive so we can better understand the desired end result.  The sizes you mentioned above are smaller than what most women would pick, but I have used those sizes many times for women who wanted a  modest augmentation.  Don't worry too much about what other people tell you.  At the end of the day, you're the one who should be happy with the final size.

If you look on my website, I have a patient with 250cc implants (#2005) and you'll see that small implants tend to look very natural and soft.  Also, smaller implants tend to have less problems in the long run such as sagging of the breasts.  Feel free to call me or my staff if we can help you in any way. 

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Implant sizing

+1
Without a consultation, it is difficult to say whether these are the right sizes for you. In some parts of the country, bigger is better, as is reflected in many patient posts on RealSelf. Given your height, I suspect that the 150/175 cc implants will not be sufficient and that the 200/225 are more realistic for you. Discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon and emphasize what you want the surgery to achieve for you.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Best Breast Implant Size for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question. My initial concern with the breast implant size that you mentioned, would be that you end up being dissatisfied with the results of surgery,  potentially feeling that you are too small.

Since I cannot give you precise advise without direct examination and a full communication of your goals, I would suggest that you do the following:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.