Small Humps Noticed? (photo)

Since cast removal I noticed smalls humps and overall unevenness of the nose profile. My Dr. Attributed this to swelling. Although my nasal tip is still quite swollen, the bridge thinner and these humps appear more pronounced. I had an open rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago. now the location of these humps are 1) where tissue was used to build up my radix & 2) where a large previous hump was 'shaved' . The humps are hard so am thinking one is a callus and the top where tissue was used I don't know?

Needs more time

+1

Hello. At three weeks you are nowhere close to your final results and for a full year after your procedure your cosmetic appearance will continue to improve. For minor irregularities such as yours massaging can improve the appearance. I recommend waiting 4 months before massaging. Just try to be patient these trouble areas will continue to improve.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Bumps after rhinoplasty

+1

It is common to have small bumps after a rhinoplasty. The swelling goes down faster in some areas of the bridge than in others. For now relax and let healing take its course.If there is a small bump left, it can easily be taken care of in the future.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon