Small hump remaining after rhinoplasty (photo)

I had a septorhinoplasty 2 weeks ago, whilst i am aware that this is VERY early on in the healing process and that i will have alot of swelling that will remain for months...i am wondering whether any of you have had this experience with your patients? On cast removal the hump was noticable straight away and it feels hard as a bone..as the swelling is subsiding i am noticing that its becoming more and more prominant.

The bump on your bridge 2 weeks after rhinoplasty may improve somewhat.

+1

My hunch is that your hump may not disappear completely. Preoperative photos would be helpful. You should address your concerns with your surgeon 1 month post-op or sooner.

I wish you well.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Small hump remaining after rhinoplasty

+1

It is too early to make a determination about the final result.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Residual hump

+1
Thank your for the phtoto but obviously an examination is needed. I would discuss my concerns with your surgeon and get his opinion after an examination what he feels the residual hump is. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon