Small Hump After Septo-Rhinoplasty on the Bridge of my Nose

Hi, I had an endonasal septo-Rhinoplasty 12 days ago,but as soon as he removed the cast I noticed a small hump on the bridge of my nose! and there was some bruising exactly on top of it! Now the bruising's gone but the small hump's still there! He told me to press on it 10X/day 'till my next follow-up & said if it doesn't go away,he MIGHT need to do a 2nd surgery! It's a hard bump and it's painful everytime I massage it! Could it be just swelling? I'm worried:(

Bump on Bridge 12 Days after Rhinoplasty

+2

The bump on your bridge 12 days after rhinoplasty may resolve as healing progresses. If you and your surgeon are not satisfied, it will be easy to revise and remove the hump.

The small bump on the bridge of your nose, 12 days after Rhinoplasty Surgery, may resolve on its own.

+2

I read your concern and reviewed your photos. If the "bump" is tender and was initially bruised, it may eventually just fade. If it's still present after 2-4 weeks, you may want to ask your surgeon if he thinks a steroid (triamcinolone acetonide) injection might be helpful.

Good luck with the rest of your recovery.

Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Residual bump after rhinoplasty

+2

Without examining your nose it is hard to say if your bump is swelling or not. It certainly could be as you are pretty early from surgery. Follow your surgeon's instructions and follow up with him to see how the bump evolves.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty

Small hump after rhinoplasty

+2

it is very difficult to pass judgement on a rhinoplasty result until reaching the 3 month mark.  a lot changes as swelling resolves and tissues settle.  a small hump could be a true residual hump or it could be swellinng.  it is anybodies quess until about three months.  with that said about 15% of all primary rhinoplasties do require a minor revision.