Small, at a Good Weight, Work out Daily, Want Only Slight Body Sculpting. Is PAL Best for Me?

Not much fat to work with, just want conservative contouring with finesse. Is Power Assisted Liposuction the best technique for me?

Tumescent liposuction best for most patients.

+2

Hi.

We use PAL when large volumes  will be removed (helps to prevent surgeon fatigue).  From your description, you need tumescent liposuction with tiny cannulas.

Liposuction for fine sculpting

+1

Thank you for asking about PAL for your liposuction.

1. Tumescent liposuction refers to the injection of fluid.
  2. PAL is a vibrating liposuction cannula that removes fat.
  3. The less fat, the smaller the liposuction cannula.
  4. PAL has a range of cannulas and can be used for fine sculpting. 
  5. I have found results excellent and reliable but a standard small cannula  will work as well where there is little fat. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Small, at a Good Weight...

+1

Without pictures to go by, it is hard to say what would get you the best result. However with the description you gave leads be to believe that traditional power assisted liposuction would be one option. I would suggest looking into the latest technology in SmartLipo. It is really designed for those patients with less volume to treat.  In addition, the skin tighten properties really gives a nice result in the end. Good Luck to you! 

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

What Type of Liposuction Is Best for Finesse ?

+1

The most important aspect of any liposuction procedure is the skill of the surgeon performing it.  The power assisted liposuction is a good technology and one that is adaptable to many different circumstances.  There are other technologies that also work well, but  are "hyped" to get a marketing advantage.  Select a highly experienced surgeon certified by the Americam Board of Plastic Surgery and invest your trust.  Let the surgeon make the choice of the best technology for your circumstances. 

Mary Lee Peters, MD

+1

I have used virtually everything for liposuction, but it is always the surgeon who gets the result.  The best advice is to throw all of the liposuction names out of the window and focus on what you see in the before and after galleries.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA 

Power Assisted Liposuction

+1

Dear Jennifer,

you seem to be young and in good shape with small area(s) in need of sculpting. PAL is great for this as increases the surgeons ability to create curves and provide a better shape in the right hands. Best of luck. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Liposuction specifically PAL

+1

PAL is jsut one of several forms of liposuction that can improve the contour.  I always say it is not the wand but the magician waving it that creates the magic.

Finess Liposuction

+1

If you are a good candidate for liposuction, then your best chance at getting a good result matters little with what machine is employed. The only factor that makes a difference is the skill and experience of the surgeon.

All the various high tech machines available today are marketed to the public and the surgeons as 'best', when in fact there is no data to suggest such a claim.  Expert surgeons may pick a device they feel works best for them, allowing them to perform to the best of their abilities, which is the only thing that is important to getting a great result.  Some may choose to use no assistance to their liposuction (no UAL, PAL, LAL, Tickle, Feather, etc.), and get great results.  I use PAL, in conjunction with 'SAFE liposuction', a pre and post suction tunneling technique using expanded basket canulae that are off suction - credit to inventor Simeon Wall, Jr., M.D., Shreveport, LA.

Choose  a surgeon with a great reputation and proper credentials.  Certification with the ABPS and membership with the ASAPS are important, but baseline requirements.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

PAL Liposuction

+1

PAL (Power-Assisted Liposuction) is a great technology for liposuction.  The vibrating cannula helps break apart the fat and also decreases resistance.  The hand piece allows for fine movements of the surgeon's hand while suctioning - similar to playing the violin - giving very percise control during the procedure.  At the same time, depending on the cannulas used, PAL also allows for very high volume fat removal.  Used in the right patient, PAL is a fantastic liposuction technology.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Best for Liposuction

+1

Liposuction is ideally intended to be a contouring and shaping procedure for people who are close to their ideal weight.  Although this is not always the case, it seems to be in yours without viewing any photos.  Liposuction is removing fat from the body with a cannula.  Power assisted liposuction uses a power driven cannula to help remove the fat.  Not every technique is best for everyone and I use different types depending on the body part.  I prefer to use the VASER which is an ultrasound assisted liposuction to help cavitate (break up) the fat into smaller pieces.  This allows me to really sculpt and shape, especially in thin patients.  I can even accentuate and sculpt out muscular definition.  Remember, it is not the tools used which make good results from liposuction, but the skill of the surgeon. 

Jeffrey LaGrasso, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon