Small Frame Not Even a 34A Wants to Be a 34B?

Hi, I am 36 yrs old and don't even fill a 34A bra. I measure 5'3" and weigh 115 lbs. I went to a plastic surgeon for a recommendation and he recommends 250cc saline implants filled at 275cc installed behind the muscle. Would that give me a 34B? I don't want a drastic change but I want breasts!!!

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Size for a conservative augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question.  I think your goals can be achieved.  Of course, a formal physical is needed to make any recommendations.  I would suggest you consider silicone gel implants.  I believe you will get a much softer and more natural look than with saline.

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Getting sized for breast implants is much more involved than it seems at first thought.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

Getting sized for breast implants is much more involved than it seems at first thought. It requires a full consultation with detailed questions to see exactly what your goals are, short and long term. It also requires precise measurements of your current breast dimensions, the dimensions of your chest wall, as well as preoperative photography, standard or 3D imaging.

To see what the best options are for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation for small breasted women

+1

I see many small breasted women looking for a natural looking result from breast augmentation.
Obviously, a given implant volume and diameter that works well for a small-framed patient that is 5'3" will be inadequate for a large-framed patient that is 5'10". Careful evaluation of all of these issues is necessary if the ultimate goal of the surgery is a natural-appearing breast augmentation.

Take a look and many, many before and after photos. You should be able to find several examples of what you look like now and a look you would hope to achieve. These photos can help you to communicate with your plastic surgeon about your goals 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Desiring a small B cup

+1

From your description there is no way to tell you more without an exam or photo. However, if you are small with A cup breasts, the concern from the plan is the use of saline implants as you will likely show visible rippling through the skin and these tend to look more "fake" than the silicone counterpart. I would reconsider the implant choice and discuss further the plan with your surgeon. Knowing the end result or cup size before surgery is impossible. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Implant choice

+1

Without examining you in person, it is difficult to say what would be best for you, but the implants you chose may be make you a bit larger than you want. Perform a "baggy test" to see what you like.

Small augmentation

+1

If you truly only want to be a B cup size, even these relatively small implants may be too large for you.  Try implants of this size in a non-padded bra with a top over it.  Look in the mirror and see if this is what you want to look like.  Your surgeon should have these sizers available, and be able to help you choose the best size for you.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Implant size for BA

+1

Sounds about right. Implants come in different dimensions so the exact style will depend on additional measurements of your chest and the general appearance of how you want the breasts to look. An experienced Plastic surgeon should be able to help you easily. it sounds like you have very realistic goals.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Best Breast Implant for Me?

+1

Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals, the breast implant size you mention sounds like an appropriate implant ( generally speaking)  for your body type and goals. You should also educate yourself about the pros/cons of saline versus silicone breast implants.

I would also suggest that you communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon ( I prefer the use of goal pictures)  and ask him/her to do his/her best to achieve the results you are looking for.  You may want to leave it up to him/her to use a breast implant that he/she feels will do the job based on intraoperative evaluation.

Again, the preoperative communication of goals is critical.  Once you feel comfortable that you have communicated your goals clearly ( assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully),  you will likely feel comfortable allowing him/her to choose the appropriate breast implants for you.