Small Dents and More Cellulite 2 Years After Outer Thigh Lipo

12 months after outer-thigh lipo noticed what looked like an increased incidence of cellulite. Short, not teeny, shorts were not an option anymore. I thought it might go away with exercise. Two yrs now and I realize, there's still many little ripples. Noticably unattractive. I'm 30, 5'5" about 110 lbs cellulite incease seems strange. Could it be that the doc took too much out? If that is the case, let's say it is, what kinds of options are there, given cost time effectiveness. Please help!

Cellulite After Liposuction

+1

The term "cellulite" has no standard meaning in the English language.  It could be caused by excess skin, loose skin, genetics, too much fat, not enough fat, or surgical misadventure, etc.  There are many questions that need to be answered before any plastic surgeon can help you understand what caused this problem and what possibly can be done to cure it.  In my experience, sometimes patients even as young as you can have excess skin, and these dents that you speak of can be corrected by tightening the skin at the waist (lower body lift).  Sometimes these dents are due to scar bands created by surgery, and a blank cannula, one that is just solid steel, can be passed under the skin to break up these fibrous bands and allow a few fat cells to be loosened and slightly repositioned.  I have found this technique to be very useful along with the use of Reston foam inside a girdle for 2 weeks.  This technique, along with fat grafting, has also proved valuable at time.

As you can see, a face to face consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon experienced in post liposuction redo surgery is the necessary next step to answer your questions.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

liposuction may not improve cellulite

+1

Liposuction may improve, worsen or make no change with cellulite. Fat injections can be done to improve some small and focal areas at times, with good results, while other situations do best by not having any treatment. Some non-invasive techniques such as Velashape and Endermologie can maintain an improved appearance but there is no cure for cellulite.

Ronald Shelton, MD