Can Small B Cup Tubular Breast Be Lifted with out Adding Implants? (photo)

Can tubular breast deformity be corrected (small nipples and no sagging due to an undeveloped tight under-breast) without implants and while keeping the original size of my breast. This deformity has caused multiple infections and has made me avoid sex all my life. Can this be fixed in the way I want? I'd like small 25mm nipples and lifted perky breast, even inf they are small.

Correcting tubular breasts without implants

+1

Although implants are generally used as one part of the surgical repair of tubular (tuberous breasts), The repair can certainly be done without an implant.  The cause of tubular breasts is a constriction of the breast tissue into the center of the breasts  and bulging forward beneath the areola.  The breasts are usually very narrow and curve in an abnormal way, resembling a "tuber".   There is a lack of skin and breast tissue below the the areola in the lower portion of the breast.  This can all be corrected with various techniques to release and redistribute your breast tissue into a more normal shape, reducing the forward bulge of the areolae, and also lifting the breasts to correct the sagging.  You would then remain your normal size.

Tubular breast correction without implants.

+1

Tubular breast deformity certainly can be corrected without using breast implants. Implants are often used to improve the shape and lack of volume by filling out the lower pole of the breast. However, a mastopexy alone can improve the areolar dimensions and the overall shape while releasing the tight bands within the breast.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Can Small B Cup Tubular Breast Be Lifted with out Adding Implants?

+1

Smaller areolae and lifted breasts can be achieved with a breast lift alone.  Implants will not be necessary if you do not want larger breasts.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Dear Mary,

Thank you for your question and photo.  Yes, you would benefit from a lift with correction of contour and placement of nipple areola complex.  However, you will not get a lot of fullness to the upper portion of your breasts without an implant. I suggest, if you do not want to enlarge your breasts, to get the lift surgery and see the result.  A very nice improvement can be obtained.  However if after the lift surgery, you would like more fullness to the upper portion of the breast, then you can always do an augmentation later.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tubular or constricted breasts can be corrected without implants.

+1

The placement of implants generally gives a better result when dealing with constricted breasts but they are not necessary.

+1

Possibly but ONLY IN PERSON evaluation would allow a more definitive diagnosis and treatment/surgery plan. 

Tubular breast correction with lift only

+1

You can certainly have a breast lift without a breast implant.  If you are satisfied with your breast size then your expectations should be met.   Atlanta Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Z

Lift without implants

+1

yes, you can certainly have a lift without using an implant. It looks like you have plenty of breast size and should do well with just a lift. During the lift the breast would be re-shaped beneath the skin, solving your sagging problem. Go get some consultations. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Breast Lift

+1

Hi there,

Based on what I can see in your photo, I think a breast lift would be much more appropriate than an implant. 

This would lift your breasts, whilst maintaining their current size, it would also be possible to make your areola smaller. 25mm is smaller than normal, so be sure to make this request clear to your surgeon.

The trade off will be a scar, but I expect you would do well with just a vertical scar and a scar around your areola.

The only thing I am not sure on is why you would be getting infections. Is this from your breasts rubbing on your chest and causing maceration of the skin? If this is the case, then an uplift should improve that too.

Good luck and best wishes

Richard Bloom  FRACS (PLAS)

National Chairman Board of Plastic Surgery

Melbourne , Australia

Richard Bloom, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

+1

The woman in the photo could probably have a lift without implants for a satisfactory outcome. The photo, however, is out of focus and doesn't show the entire breasts. All the best.