I Am a Small D Cup and I Am Getting 425cc Silicone Gel Implants in a Couple of Weeks. Will This Get Me Close to a DD Cup?

Calculate implant volume

+2

If you are a 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  If you are a 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  To go from a D to a DD would require 1 cup size change.  From this, you can calculate the amount required to achieve your desired goal. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant size and cup size.

+2

It is very difficult to predict what cup size you will be after your procedure.  Cup sizes are not standardized.  So a D cup in one designer could be a C cup or B cup in another designer.   This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Small D cup now, getting 425cc implants

+2
If your goal is to achieve DD cup breasts, 425cc implants will result in a size that will overshoot your goals, unless you have the body habitus of giant. You may want to have another discussion with your plastic surgeon prior to surgery, to make sure that you are able to meet your expectations following surgery. Thank you for your question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

If you are a D cup, you don't need implants.

+2

Very large implants stretch your tissues and age very badly.  If you must have implants, maybe 300 cc's maximum.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Bra Size and Implant Size

+2

Bra size is a poorly standardized measurement of actual breast size. This is because there is a huge variety in bra manufacturing: Victoria's Secret, for example, tends to run smaller than other bras on the market. In general, however, for each 200cc increase in implant size, the bra will increase in one cup size. Therefore, a woman with a 32B bra size who undergoes breast augmentation with a 200cc implant can expect a postoperative cup size in the 34C range. As a rough estimate, adding 400cc implants will take a woman from D cup to DDD (F) cup bras. In general, the most important consideration when choosing the appropriate breast implants is breast width. Subsequent to this, the implant volume should be selected that both satisfies the requirements of the skin envelope (i.e. provides enough fill of the existing breast skin) and the desires of the patient in terms of postoperative size.

Adam J. Oppenheimer, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

The larger the implant, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Cup size

+1

Its tough to determine your cup size after augmentation because cup sizes are not standardized.  There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD