I Am a Small B Cup. Can I Achieve a Large B with Implants?

I recently had DD implants deflated and I love being smaller. I will need a lift and I would like a little more fullness. I am a tiny B right now and would like to go to a large B. My surgeon stated that a 180cc is the smallest implant I can use which clearly pushes me into a C cup. Any suggestions???

Achieving cup size goal

+1

CC's do not convert easily with cup size, which fluctuates between bra companies and even changes with the same company from time to time. Your surgeon is clear that even 180 cc (which is a small implant) may push you into a C cup.  You could consider the breast lift without an augmentation at this time to see if you like the result. To determine if this is a viable option, you should consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons.

Breast Implant Revision - I Am a Small B Cup. Can I Achieve a Large B with Implants?

+1

Maybe, but it also might be more complicated than that.  In general, it's ABOUT 5-7 ounces per bra cup size, but it's more if you're larger and at higher cup sizes, and less if you're smaller and staying at the smaller cup sizes.  180 cc is 6 ounces - take 6 ounces of water and put that in a baggie.  Is that about the amount larger you'll be happy with?  But, as I indicated, you may also need a lift, and that will make you smaller (some of your volume is breast tissue, plus the deflated implants you have).  You may want to consider staging this procedure for maximum effectiveness; have the deflated implants removed and do the lift now, and then wait 6 months or so to have new implants put in.  That is sometimes the best approach in complicated situations.  Trying to figure out what size is best in someone who has deflated implants and will now lead a lift counts as complicated.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Just want to be a little bigger

+1

Sadly, if you pick an implant that is the correct width for your frame, even the most conservative one will make you larger in cup size than what you have asked for.

1.  You might consider fat grafting as an alternative.

2.  Also, you might just have a really good lift (without any implants) done as stage one....then you can perhaps make a better assessment when you see how things look after healing is complete, and decide whether a small augmentation would be appropriate for stage two.

Thomas Fiala, MD

+1

I agree with the previous posts- you will likely get a full B with 180cc implant. If however, you are worried that this may be too much, you could consider fat transfer to the breasts in addition to the mastopexy.  Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Sizing breast implants with cc's

+1

In general, the answer to your question is no. The minimum apparent size increase with the lowest profile implant that fits the width of your breast and looks natural is one cup size. You cannot put just any chosen volume of implant in cc's behind any breast and get a desired result any more than you can fit your body into any dress size you choose or your foot into any shoe size you choose. There are also some other potential misconceptions. There are no "DD" implants. Size of the breast in cup sizes is relative to a number of things and an implant volume in cc's that makes one woman's breast look like a DD might have a completely different effect in another. 

I would also question the need for a lift if you didn't need one before. Breast implants do not lift breasts. They also do not fill out specific areas such as the upper pole without filling out the entire area behind the breast. Lifts do not add volume or forward projection to the breast. 

You might want to consider fat injections to the upper pole of the breast as this can be done in minimal volumes and specific areas. I would caution that this is not an "approved" procedure for young women for cosmetic purposes. The method of fat extraction, treatment of the fat, injection, and long term risks and effects have not been established but your case is one where it might be something to consider if you felt comfortable with the informed consent.

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Can I be a large B cup?

+1

Cup sizes are extremely variable.  Each bra manufacturer has a different version of cup size, and cup sizes also change beased on you chest width -- for example, a 32C is diferent than a 36C even though both are a C cup.  For this reason, I would suggest that you don't focus on cup size but rather on how you would like to look and how it fits with your body.  It sounds like you want more fullness but not a drastic increase in size -- a small impant with a lift would work well to achieve these goals, but it is hard to predict whether you would be a large B or a small C.  I suggest that you discuss your goals with your plastic surgeon.  Hope all of this helps!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Implant choice

+1

The right implant for you is determined on physical exam and in discussion and explanation in person. It is hard to say what would be right for you without that information. Yes, 180 cc is a small implant.

Cup size

+1

There is no standard size for a b cup or a c cup. In Europe breast cup size is measured in ccs. So what is a c cup in one bra company is a b cup in another.,rather than cup size I would focus on the size of your breasts.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

B cup desired after lift

+1

Your skin and tissue clearly were streched by your DD implants.  Though they have been deflated, they still occupy a litle bit if space, and you may be even a little smaller than you think.  It is not likely that a 180CC implant will push you into a C cup, but I would suggest that you ask to try on the implants, as this will give you a better idea of what you will look like.  You may decide that you like the 180 CC implant. Keep an open mind. Your body dimensions may be also be well proportioned for other sized implants so be prepared to consider them as well.Good Luck

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Sizing?

+1

As you probably know the size of implants do not necessarily correlate with final cup size. I would suggest clear communication with your surgeon in regards to your goals for breast size.

In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.  in your case you could use your own before breast-feeding pictures as the goal. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “B cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.