I Have a Small Chip on the Bottom of my Front Porcelain Veneer. Will It Have to Be Replaced? (photo)

Chip in Porcelain Veneer

+2

The chip is hardly noticeable. I would polish it and match the shape of the neighboring front tooth. I would advise the patient that if it chips more, we can still fix it probably without replacing the whole veneer. By the way, you have beautiful teeth!

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Veneer Replacement Due To Chipping

+1

There is a small chance that you could have it smoothed without it being noticeable.  It could cause a difference in length between the front two teeth though.  If this occurs, replacement would be your only other option.  

Scott Young, DDS
Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Porcelain veneer replacement

+1

Is normally needed when a veneer chips. If you don't mind how it looks, it might be able to be smoothed, but repairs are not long lasting. 

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist