Small bump on the nose

hi i´m getting a septoplasty soon to correct a deviated septum and i was wondering if the doctor could just remove the bump on my nose I don´t want to change the change of my nose i just want a straight bridge that´s all

Removing bump on nose

+2

Removing a dorsal hump (bump) on the nose is about the easiest thing in rhinoplasty and is very reasonably doe at the same time as a septoplasty.  This would qualify as a rhinoplasty though and your doctor might be charging you something for it.  Ask them if this is possible for you.

Small bump on nose

+1

A septoplasty is performed to improve the airflow dynamics through the nose and is not related to any cosmetic hump removal on the external portion of the nose.  An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon can remove the hump on the nose.  A small hump can easily be removed through filing and rasping.  However, with a large hump removal osteotomies will need to be performed at the time of the rhinoplasty.  Look for a surgeon who is well versed in both the functional and aesthetic concepts of the nose and has extensive experience in rhinoplasty.  The rhinoplasty procedure is much more difficult than the septoplasty procedure.

Removing a Subtle Nose Bump

+1

A septoplasty can be combined with any of many cosmetic improvements of the nose including bump removal of the top or dorsum of the nose. The more interesting question s should you have it filed down surgically or smoothed down "no surgically" by the addition of long lasting fillers. Nonsurgical hump smoothing is a lot cheaper than rhinoplasty, produces an instant result and can be repeated in a year or so, if desired, left alone or switched to a surgical hump reduction. 

Small bump

+1

Go for it. It looks like it should be very straight forward. it would be cosmetic so you should expect to pay. If that's too much you could consider a "non-surgical" nose job as well. That is when a "filler" is placed into the depressed area above the bump in order to hide the depressed area and make everything smooth. It should last about a year.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Small bump on the nose

+1

It appears to be a very slight dorsal bump that could be reduced by rasping the bone or shaving the dorsal cartilage depending on what's actually causing the bump (cartilage or bone).  Be sure the Rhinoplasty Surgeon, you choose, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose.

Correcting a small bump during a septoplasty procedure

+1

If it bothers you I would recommend removing the small bump during the septoplasty procedure as you would only have one recovery. From the one photo you sent, it should be a relatively straightforward procedure to do at the same time but my entail additional costs to you.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon