What Are The Risks Of Removing A Bump From The Bridge Of My Nose?

basically i have a small/medium sized nose wich is nice other than the bump in the bridge of the nose ...it makes me feel really uncomftable and iv disliked it since i was 13 ..before that my nose was straight would i have to have my nose broken to remove a smallish bump ? also will haveing the bump removed make it look unnatural and could it grow back what are the chances of haveing it going wrong thank you :) p.s sorry that i dont have any more simpler pictures there all i have

Nasal hump removal

+1

You are asking very good questions regarding  a common rhinoplasty. Removing the bump can be simple and effective in reaching your expectation. And the bump does not grow back.

However, visiting a board certified plastic surgeon for a full evaluation would be most beneficial. Your chosen provider could photograph and simulate before and after images of your nose. Removing the bump may also require other changes of the tip and nasal bones.

All that being said, it appears from your photograph that a simple hump reduction would be very satisfying.

Naples Plastic Surgeon

Removal of Nasal Bump

+1

Most times it is necessary to break and reposition the nasal bones after hump removal to avoid a wide flat bridge.  This is a safe procedure with truly minimal risk. After reviewing the pictures submitted, I think that is all you will need to achieve a very nice result. 

Little bump on your nose?

+1

Removing a small bump from your nose is a simple and gratifying procedure.  For patients such as yourself who have attractive features to their nose and just don't like a little bump, a closed rhinoplasty technique can be utilized.  Through small incisions within the nose, the bump can be removed smoothly and simply.  Recovery is very fast because the remainder of the nasal features are not disturbed.

For small  to medium sized bumps, the physician usually does not need to perform osteotomies (break the nose).

Once the bump is removed, it does not come back. Complications are rare following a simple dorsal rhinoplasty.  In the hands of an experienced plastic surgeon the nose should be straight and smooth when you are done.

Gilbert Lee, MD

Bump removal

+1

Your questions are common for rhinoplasty patients. How many and what type of steps and risk of recurrence you'll have can only be answered at your consultation. Some patients only need and do great with minimal changes (so called "finesse rhinoplasty"). Others although only focused on one area will see during a computer imaging session that once this are is addressed other parts of the nose are out of balance and need to be addressed as well to maintain the harmony. 

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Qeustions on a nasal hump and rhinoplasty risks

+1

Your questions regarding a rhinoplasty are very good. As with any procedure, there are many risks and relevant issues. There would best be discussed during a consultation with a plastic surgeon who could thoroughly examine your unique nose, make recommendations including on your hump and anything else that should be addressed in order to provide you with an appropriate, natural outcome.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Risks of nasal bump removal?

+1

You are asking the right questions as far as looking into having surgery on your nose. It doesn't look like it should be very complicated to lower your bump. There are some issue though that your surgeon will consider when he's seeing you for the first time. How big the bump is and how wide the nose is will determine whether or not some additional cuts need to be made in the bones in order to give you a smooth bridge. Also, you should decide whether you think there is anything in the tip of your nose you don't like. Often when the bridge is changed it will change the proportions of the nose to the tip. It will also highlight the tip so that any issues you have now might be more apparent afterward. overall though I think you should be able to get a great result without much difficulty. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD