I have a small bump on my nose (cartilage) - Is anyone willing to do it in office? (Photo)

6 months post op, I know this is a simple tiny shave, I only want to do it if a surgeon is comfortable in office and has done a case like this before. Is anyone interested....please? Am I being too critical?

Bump on nose

+1
Although this sounds like a very easy procedure, it is typically not treated in the office.  One needs to anesthetize the dorsum of the nose as well as the nasal cavity to approach the lesion.  Local anesthesia injections lead to bleeding, coughing, etc.  Do it properly as instructed by your local plastic surgeon.  Best wishes!

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

I have a small bump on my nose (cartilage) - Is anyone willing to do it in office?

+1
This is a simple procedure, and it can be done in a few minutes with a closed approach.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Possible to do it, but too early for revision rhinoplasty

+1
It might be possible to do such a revision under local in the office, but an exam in person would be needed to decide if that was wise or not. Even if you were to seek consultation now, it would be prudent to wait several months before having another surgery.  I would encourage you to discuss this with your original surgeon if that is possible.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Bump after rhinoplasty

+1
Dear notagain,

First, your nose may still improve.  Noses will often evolve over 6-12 months.  If you decide to have a revision it would be best to go to  your original surgeon.  They will know what has been done and can decide on the best approach. Good luck.

Richard A. Bartlett, MD
Brookline Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty revision

+1
You are still too early on in the healing process, a rhinoplasty surgery healing time can take up to a year..give it more time then consult with a plastic surgeon in your area that specializes in rhinoplasty revision surgery.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD