I have a very small bump on my bridge, I really don't want to go under surgery. What are my options?

It was broken almost a year ago in a fight it wasn't too swollen and it was a minor injury but it did leave a very small annoying bump but some people say it isn't a big deal can a doctor reset it without surgery or filling

Nasal Bump

+1
There are a few different options to improve a nasal bump on the bridge: 1) surgical and 2) non-surgical.  Depending on your situation and the size of the bump, you may be a candidate for non-surgical rhinoplasty.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.  3-D computer imaging can also help you visualize what you might look like afterwards.

Filler might camouflage nasal bump

+1
Hi freeze QW!  Without an exam and a conversation in person about what exactly bothers you, I can't tell you what is best for you. Sometimes just sanding down the bump with surgery is best or you might need the nasal bones reset from your injury.  If surgery is not an option for you, we can sometimes fool the eye by blending the contour of the nose with filler. The filler changes your shape around the bump so it is not as obvious. Everything we do in plastic surgery is a trade of one thing for another .... You just need to figure out if the trade is worthwhile!  Best of luck! Dr. H

Mary C. Herte, MD

Broken nose and bump on the nose

+1
If you developed a bump on the bridge on the nose after trauma, the nose is broken. The bump is not going to go away without surgery. A nonsurgical nose job will not help with this issue. The nasal bones need to be reset  with osteotomies and the hump filed down. This must be performed under general anesthesia, not local anesthesia for patient safety and comfort.

+1
This is hard to evaluate without pictures or an exam.  A closed rhinoplasty to reduce the hump generally produces a nice, long term result.