Small bump 8 days post-op septoplasty, could a sneeze cause this?

I am 8 days post op from a septoplasty with reconstruction and there is a very small bump on the left side of the bridge of my nose. I accidentally sneezed through my nose today. Would that have caused this?

+1
It is difficult to advise you without performing an exam. I would recommend following up with your surgeon so he/she may examine you and provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Small bump after Rhinoplasty

+1
Dear lerk, thank you for your question.It may take several months for swelling to subside after rhinoplasty. Here in San Diego, we follow our patients for one year to follow their healing. Consider following up with your surgeon to monitor your progress and see if any intervention is necessary. Rarely a second opinion may be in order. Best of Luck.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump on nose 8 days after septoplasty

+1
I agree that it could be some air.  It could also be a small hematoma or collection of blood that occurred as a result of your sneeze.  Make sure you follow up with your surgeon and let the surgeon know about this issue.

Michael Sundine, MD

Small bump on nose 8 days post

+1
It is possible that you forced air under your soft tissue, I saw that once in a colleague who actually had his own rhinoplasty.  At this point you have to let things heal and be patient.