Small Bump/Asymmetry Normal Swelling? (photo)

Hello, I am approximately 1 month post-op and so far I am pleased with my results. However there seems to be a small bump on the right of the sidewalls of my nose. My left side is fine. I was wondering if you think this was just normal swelling? Will this small bump/asymmetry eventually even out to be more like the left side? Thanks for your time.

Asymmetry After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello. Slight asymmetry due to swelling after rhinoplasty is common. Usually, it takes nine months for the majority of the swelling to subside and up to one year to see final results. If you have any concerns be sure to consult your doctor.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Small Nasal Bump And Asymmetry One Month After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Kmista,

Based on your description and your thick nasal skin showed in the photos, it is too early to assess the final results of your surgery at 1 month post-op.

I believe that it is for your best to have more patience as you have mentioned and wait for mother nature to take its course and have your end-results established.

Usually, it takes about 12 months post-op to establish the end-results of a rhinoplasty but in your case it may take a little longer due to a thick nasal skin. 

Therefore, I recommend that you follow your surgeon's instructions religiously and protect your nose from accidental traumas.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you and congrats on your surgery.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Normal Swelling or Residul Bump

+1

Thank you for the pictures but it is to soon after the surgery to answer your question but in patients who have thick skin like you it can take much longer for the swelling to resolve.

Small Bump/Asymmetry Normal Swelling?

+1

Yes I see the area you are describing. Most likely some residual cartilage but at thuds early date of healing toooo soon to tell. Allow a full 6 months of healing. Than if still present consider a minor revision. regards 

Bump

+1

Pretty normal at this time.  Steroid injections and/or needle subcision is a possible treatment: as per your surgeon.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1

Small Irregularities like this are quite common early in the healing process after rhinoplasty.  Patience is necessary as these will often resolve as your tissues settle and heal.  Occasionally a small amount of steroid injected into an area may be necessary, but you should discuss this with your surgeon.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Post Rhinoplasty Swelling

+1

You are to soon in the recovery phase to determine your results and asymmetry is common during this stage.This looks like just usual postoperative swelling so no concerns! See your surgeon for frequent follow up appointments this will help you have some peace of mind during this recovery period. Best regards and quick healing! Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD