I Have a Small Bump After Rhinoplasty, Will It Go Down? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago and i have a small bump it isnt really a problem, but do you think it will go down much ?

I Have a Small Bump After Rhinoplasty, Will It Go Down?

+1

Dear Blake,

Thank you for your question and photo.  I don't really see a bump from this photo.  I do see swelling.  The swelling will subside over the next few month to a year. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

It amazes me that you all as patients think surgery heals in a few days. especially rhinoplasties can take up to a year. I hope your surgeon discussed this with you before surgery. In your case ONLY 2 weeks!!! Come on wait at least 3 months. 

Rhinoplasty recovery period

+1

Minor irregularities in the first few weeks are not uncommon and often related to swelling. At your follow up visit you may want to mention these concerns to your surgeon who best positioned to reassure you.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump: swelling or cartilage

+1

Hello blake,

Thank you for the question and the photo.  If the bump is from swelling it will improve with time.  If it is from cartilage or bone it will likely stay the same.  Of course it can also be a combination of the two at this point.  I recommend waiting longer.  You can take photos as you have done every 1-2 weeks and evaluate whether its getting better.  The good news is that it does not bother you much and even if it is unchanged with time you may not notice it anymore.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD