Small Bruising Appearing 3 Days Post-op Breast Augmentation Surgery Normal or Not? (photo)

Today is Day 4 since I had my breast augmentation. Any input if this is common? On each side of the right and left breast new bruising has appeared just today (not the bright bruise around incisions). Although I am going to try to get in to see my PS asap I just wanted to get your input as I am freaking out. Normal or not? Implant Info: 400cc High Profile,Silicone right and left. Submuscular Inframammary incision.

Bruising after augmentation mammoplasty

+1

Hi,  This bruising seems very normal and as long as your ps says that there is nothing going on that we might not see in the pics, then you just need time to settle.  It is very common to not see bruising in the first days post op as any blood will migrate to the surface over time and then turn yellow and then resorb. 

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Small Amount of Bruising after Breast Augmentation

+1

A small amount of bruising noticed in the first few days after breast augmentation can be normal.  Kenneth Hughes, MD, HughesPlasticSurgery, Los Angeles, CA

Bruising normal?

+1

Hi LadyBug. Thanks for your post. That type of bruising is normally seen after breast augmentation and typically resolves with time. Best of luck & congrats. Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Bruising

+1

Thanks for sharing your early result photos.  This amount of bruising is totally within normal limits.  I don't see anything here that would make me worried, based on the amount of bruising in this photograph.  Best wishes!

Thomas Fiala, MD

Small Bruising is Normal for Immediate Post-Op Period

+1

The small amount of bruising seen in your pictures is definitely within normal limits for the immediate post-operative period. Make sure to keep all of your follow up appointments and I'm confident you will be pleased with the results.

David P. Stapenhorst, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Slight bruising after breast augmentation

+1

Hello.

Thank you for sharing your post-op photos and congratulations.

It is not uncommon to exhibit light bruising consistent with breast augmentation. So there is no need to freak out in my opinion. 

However, it is important that you keep an eye on your progress and note if there is any increase of the bruising that should be reported to your surgeon.

The best of luck to you and thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Bruising

+1

nice result. the bruising that you have is insignificant and consistent with a very normal post surgical appearance.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Bruising around incisions is common after breast augmention surgery

+1

The amount of brusing demonstrated in your photos is consistant with my experience a few days post breast augmentation. Looks like you'll have a nice result !

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Bruising after breast augmentation

+1

What your experiencing is very common and normal. As long as your overall breast is not swelling up then it's ok. It takes about two weeks for the bruising to fade away. 

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Small Bruising Appearing 3 Days Post-op Breast Augmentation Surgery Normal or Not?

+1

Looks normal, the bruising appears a couple of day after surgery, because the patients is stands up,  but consult your plastic surgeon,

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon