Small Breast Reduction- 5'4, 125 Pounds, 32DD?

I am at a stable weight but have breasts that significantly sag.They look smaller out of a bra when supported they look much larger. I am very active, run, and have a job on my feet all the time. I have had neck and rash problems occur from trying to support them. I was wondering if a breast reduction and lift could help with this? Would insurance even be an option? The Schnur Sliding Scale indicates id need approximately 300cc taken from each breast. Rough estimate where would this leave me?

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

Based on your description, you may be an excellent candidate for breast lifting/reduction surgery.  Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the specific cup size a patient will wear postoperatively; as you know, bra cup sizes will vary from one bra manufacturer to another. Therefore, it is very important that patients communicate their goals carefully with their plastic surgeon prior to proceeding with surgery. In my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures during this communication process.

Also, as you know, sometimes breast  reduction surgery is covered through health insurance. The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
 This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.

When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your goals. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals carefully.  You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more about the procedure.

If you decide to deal with health insurance companies, prepare to be persistent;  remember that breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations performed.

+1

From your information, it sounds like a major breast lift and small reduction would be of significant benefit for you. No way to discuss gram removal though without a physical examination.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Reduction in a 5'4

+1

It is commendable that you maintain a stable weight and are active as you describe.  But your breast size is out of proportion to your height and weight, and not only is the source of your neck and rash problems, but it can lead to more serious problems such as secondary kyphosis and neck arthritis in the future.  So it is best to have a breast reduction as soon as possible.  This will not only improve your current symptoms, but will also help you significantly in your day-to-day activities, and will prevent future problems.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS