Small Breast Implants - From AA to A?

I am 23 years old, weigh 110 pounds and am 5'7". I've always been tall and skinny and have a AA cup. I am considering getting breast implants to become a full A/small B cup. Would 100cc be enough to accomplish that and would it look natural on my tiny frame? Also, is that enough to give me any cleavage? I'm not looking to be large or have a ton of cleavage, I just want to fill shirts and dresses out more than I can right now.

Small Breast Implants

+4
Small breast implants are not at all unusual. Many celebrities, businesswomen, models and moms with small  breasts in proportion to their bodies elect to have very small breast implants in order to have a very natural look. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Picking a breast implant

+4

Remember, breast implant volume (in cc's) is related to both the shape ("profile") and the diameter of the implant. A 100 cc implant has a very tiny diameter (width)....probably too tiny for most average 5'7" women.

If we measure the width of your breast now, it's probably around 12 cm across from cleavage to the outside of the breast. We can use this measurement to help you find an implant that would be proportional for your frame, which is something that we always do at our consultations.

If you want a number though, I'd guess that based on what you describe, you'd probably be looking at an implant in the 200-250 range, depending on the profile you pick.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Choosing implant size

+3

The implant should have a base width equal to yours or it will look too narrow with a big cleavage gap or it will be too wide and look unnatural that way.  Then choose the profile you like, moderate for natural, HP for extra full.  Let the cup size go and go for the right look and the right dimensional implant fit to your body.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Picking the right implant size for you.

+3

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and we can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Best of luck.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Small Breast Implants - From AA to A?

+3

From the size of your frame it sounds like you will need a larger implant.  A 100cc implant is extremely small and will constitute only about 1/2 cup in size increase. You may well feel the surgery is not worth having for such a small change.  Please find a surgeon that you are comfortable with and try on some implants to determine which size will look the best on you and achieve your goal. 

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Wanting Small Breast Implants

+3

Without examining you it is hard to answer this question. That being said, 100cc will be a minimal change especially if you want to go 1 to 1 1/2 cups larger. A couple of factors that go into determining implant size are the width of the breast, or base diameter, as well as the patient skin and tissue tone. Best if you go to a few consultations. That way you will start to get a sense of the sizes that would be good for your height and frame.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Dr. Babak Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Breast augmentation

+3

The size of implants that you have mentioned, 100cc, would be only a minimal change based on your height.  If you want to go up one size, a more likely size would be 200-230cc.  I would recommend for you to see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Breast augmentation sizing

+3

It's always difficult to give an estimate of implant size without the benefit of an examination.  The base width of your breast and the amount of stretch of your tissues will determine the ideal implant size for you.  I suggest seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area.  During your consultation, discuss your goals just as you did above, as that will help your surgeon to provide the best possible result for you.  Good luck, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Natural appearing augmentations using smaller implants

+2

Although its tempting to choose a very small implant to achieve a desired result - your best option is to be examined by a board certified plastic surgeon and express your interests in looking very natural with a small amount of augmentation. An implant will be chosen that fits your breast well. 

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Small Breast Augmentation Implant Volumes

+2

A 100cc breast implant does not exist and for a good reason. It is so small that it would make no difference to put it in. Plus the width of the implant would be much less than that of your current breast width, possibly giving an unnatural looking result. Whle it is clear that you want to remain fairly small, you also want  a normal looking breast afterwards. You probably need to think more in the low 200cc range, choosing a low or moderate profile so the width comes closer to that of your native breasts. At this size implant with your body frame, cleavage will not be created. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD