I'm about 5'1, 130 lbs, 36B, and wanting to get a 475cc. What size bra will this give me in the end?

I really don't want to go into a D cup.

Implant volume and cup size

+1
At size 36 B each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.475 cc implants will take you to size D.I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1
There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.
Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.
I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.
By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Eventual Bra size

+1
It doesn't really matter what cup size you end up being, as long as you like the look of the 475cc implant when you try it on.  You will need a high profile implant in this size.
All bra makers have different cup sizes - usually suggesting you are larger than you actually are to flatter the client - like La Senza or Victorian Secret.
Try on various size implants, once you get the appearance you like, go with that implant!

Brian Peterson, MD
Kelowna Plastic Surgeon

Determining breast size

+1
This is a common question in my practice and I assume in all plastic surgeons practices.  I do not use cup size as a final determination or even a pre-determination during augmentation. I'll try to deliver a"look" that the patient desires. This is based on her examination her dislikes concerning breast and her likes concerning breast. Pictures of desired results are also important.  Try to focus much list cup size but more on a your look that you desire.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

What will my bra size increase to with 475cc implants.

+1
It is not possible to tell exactly what bra size you would become if 475cc implants were placed. There are too many variables related to bra size which may also vary from one brand to another. However, based on your current height, weight and bra size, I would speculate that 475cc implants would increase you to approximately a D to DD cup. If you do not want to increase to that size range, it is my opinion that the implant size you have chosen is too large to meet your C cup goals. Best wishes.

Jeffrey K. Scott, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

475 cc implants and how large?

+1
A good rough estimate is to do a baggy test first.  Then you can try on bras in your range and see what you fit into.  Best of luck

+1
I'm not sure I understand just why you specify you want a 475cc implant when you have no idea what size or look it will give you. This can only be answered by a surgeon after an exam. It would be a much better idea to decide first what you want for a result and then figure out how many ccs, what profile, and what shape of implant it will take to meet your goals.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

What size breast implants?

+1
Without seeing you and getting detailed breast measurements, this is a hard question to answer.  Also, depending on where you shop, cup sizes vary.  In my office, we make it easy by having you try on "sizers" which mimic what an implant would look like.  Then we would ask you to select a photo of a woman that is the size you desire.  This takes out the  guesswork involved in trying to figure out what you want.  I hope this helps.  Feel free to contact me if you have more questions.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

D Cup?

+1
Typically a 475cc implant would get most patients a c/d cup size range.  It really depends on the size of your pocket and also the amount of natural breast tissue you have to give a more accurate idea of where you may end up.  Remember though that different bra manufacturers offer you cup sizes that make you a  - b c or d cup, depending on the formula they use.

I would focus on what really fits your own proportions and makes you look natural (if that is your goal) than worry too much about the end cup size. 

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Bra size after 475 cc breast implants

+1
Thank you for your question.  Generally speaking expect to increase at least 2 cup sizes after a 475 cc breast implant based on the current bra you are wearing.  Understand that different stores label the same bra a different cup size.  The important thing is for you to see a board certified plastic surgeon and undergo a breast implant sizing system evaluation.  It is most important to focus on the look that you want and not cup size.  For more information on choosing breast implant size please read the following link:

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS