Small and Asymmetric Nose After Rhinoplasty

I had closed Rhinoplasty yesterday. I stayed in the hospital overnight. My doctor was an ENT with over 30 years experience. Now, I am freaking out. My eyes are so dark and so swollen, I can barely open them. One nostril looks crooked in comparison to the other and my nose looks way too small. I also feel like there is a line going down my columella. My nose tip also looks too pointy. Could the splint be holding it so tight that perhaps it is making it look smaller than it really is? Will the wearing of the splint permanently alter the shape of my nose? How much more will my nose change?

It is best for you to wait to judge this.

+2

It takes 6-12 months for the swelling to go down. Some patients swell a great deal and have a lot of bruising. Try not to worry about this as it will not affect the final outcome. Call your doctor so he can reassure you.

24 Hour Rhinoplasty Result

+1

Everything you describe is normal one day after surgery.  If I could provide a non-swollen, perfect result 24 hours after rhinoplasty surgery, I wouldn't live in California, I'd own it.

Cover all mirrors and stop looking.

+1

You need to chill out. You just had surgery, you still have the splint on. Call your doctor. Get off of the internet and use the resources you paid for. It takes 6012 months for a nose to settle not 30 seconds.

Call your physician for reassurance and use your computer for solitaire.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD