What to Do for Small Area of Loose Skin on Tummy?

After having 2 kids (NO MORE! IM SOOO DONE!), i have a VERY small area about an inch or two below my belly button of loose skin. The loose skin totals maybe 1 cubic inch at the most. If i use 'airbrush skin' its not visible. It might not really be noticeable to anyone but me, but i have to see it every day and it drives me crazy! It looks like mini-tummytucks are way too drastic for this, but im not sure what i should do. I'm 5'3" and about 115-120 lbs, if that helps. Any suggestions would be great!

Tummy Tuck Surgery Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Unfortunately, it is not possibly to give you good advice without direct examination. This examination will be critical to evaluate the abdominal wall muscle tone, skin elasticity, as well as your goals.

It would be in your best interest to seek consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Loose abdominal skin

+1
It's difficult to tell from a photograph which procedure would be best for you. I am wary of liposuction as a method for skin tightening rather than increasing the looseness of the overlying skin. The only way to determine which procedure would be right for you is to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation who can access the laxity of your umbilical skin laxity and recommend appropriate options.

Loose skin around umbilicus

+1

Hard to say from the photo, a closeup of the concerned area would be good.  You may not need want anything done because if what you are saying is true it probably is not worth the scar.

Small lower tummy loose area in a mother of two

+1

The photograph is cute but not clinically useful. A closer photo from the front, preferably without panties to allow complete visualization of the area and one from the side in the Diving position (bent over, tummy TOTALLY relaxed, as if you were diving from the side of a pool) would have been helpful.

In terms of skin shrinkage, definition and smoothness, nothing out there can match the results obtainable from a Tummy Tuck. But if you do not want that, fine results may be obtained with anatomical based differential liposuction in which certain areas are reduced more than others providing a sculpted look with some skin shrinkage.

Nonsurgical modalities are impressive in one aspect only; How much money people waste in the never fulfilled hope of a cosmetic result.

Loose skin of belly without a tummy tuck

+1

This is a tough question and difficult to evaluate remotely with the photo provided. Perhaps the use of external radiofrequency or internal ultrasonic assisted lipoplasty or laser assisted lipolysis can provide the amount of skin tightening required without a tummy tuck but I am somewhat skeptical of these modalities and they are, at best, able to incite slight and very mild skin contraction.

Tummy tuck alternatives

+1

For very small areas of loose skin which you have on your abdomen I agree that a "mini" tummy tuck may not be the best option. Even with precise sewing of the skin, there will be a visible scar with any tummy tuck procedure which can be visible in bathing suits. I would suggest trying Thermage using the "Body Tip." Several treatments may be needed but we have had good success with Thermage for these problematic areas.