Small amount of yellow Oozing after 17 days after breast augmentation?

I noticed some yellow oozing a day ago 17 days post op a small amount From my left breast wound and the right breast is healing fine rang the clinic and saw the nurse she put some orange spray on it and covered it up as she said there's no sign I infection but if it doesn't heal come back in a week im not allowed to get the wound wet and need to keep it covered will this heal its on my mind the nurse said its a small re opening is this common and it's only the corner It's just that I'm Worried.

Oozing after augmentation

+1

can certainly occur but if you develop spreading redness, fevers, increasing pains, or more drainage, you need to be re-evaluated again. Your nurse is treating it like a simple suture abscess that is self-limiting and if it is, it should heal without much fuss.

Ozzing from Left Breast

+1

Thank you for your question. A personal exam and consultation is always best.

That said I recommend contacting your plastic surgeon for another examination. The yellow oozing could be the result of many factors. Only a physical examination would determine the cause. Please read the link below which explains that complications may arise after breast augmentation surgery.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast Augment

+1

This could represent a small wound dehiscence or break down. It also could be a stitch abscess meaning your body is reacting to a stitch. I suggest seeing your PS to make sure you dont have something bad happening "iceberg phenomenon"

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Breast Augmentation

+1

Can you please post a photo? It's impossible to provide any useful advice without even a picture.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)