Not small enough after breast reduction? (photo)

I had a breast reduction 3 weeks ago. I asked to be reduced from a D to a B cup. I am now a C cup and do not feel swollen. I think my breasts have actually gotten larger in the past week as they have settled. Is there still hope that they will become B? I don't feel that much smaller than what I started with.

Not small enough after breast reduction?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone breast reduction procedure. At this point, given that the operations was done recently, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed. You can expect changes in breast size/shape to occur over the course of next several months and even up to one year postoperatively ( even though you may not feel “swollen”).

I would suggest that you continue to exercise patience and evaluate the outcome of the procedure several months from now. I would also suggest that you do not base your level of “satisfaction” with the outcome of the procedure on achieving a specific cup size, as cups sizes can be variable and very subjective.

Remember, that after any breast surgery, there will be a period of physical and psychological adjustment of patients will go through.

If, in the longer term, you are not pleased with the outcome of the procedure, additional reduction surgery is certainly possible.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be pleased with the outcome of the procedure performed.

Not small enough after breast reduction

+1

thank you for your questions. I would recommend that you wait although difficult to do. Swelling is very common after breast reduction procedures and usually takes 4-6 months to see your final result. hang in there, and hopefully you will see the result you want.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

It takes time for things to settle after breast reduction

+1

Thanks for your question. You are still in the early post operative period. The breast tissue and swelling will continue to change over the coming months. I wouldn't be too worried at this early stage, but definitely go and see your plastic surgeon to make sure they are happy with your progress.

One thing to remember is that it is impossible to accurately predict cup size after breast reduction surgery. I tend to give my patients a rough idea/range as to where I think they may end up, but a particular cup size can't be guaranteed. This is partly because different bra manufacturers size breasts differently. You may be a "B" in one brand and a "C" cup with another - and that's without any surgery.

Good luck with your recovery.

Damian Marucci, MBBS, FRACS
Australia Plastic Surgeon