I Am a Small 34c. What Would I Be if I Had 250cc or 300cc Added?

i am a small 34 c,i used to be a 34dd before nursing twins for 4 years,what would i be if i chose 250cc's or 300cc's?A male friend told me that silicone feels fake and hard,and that saline was undetectable,i welcome your candidness in regards to this.i want my breast to be soft,not the"fake look"

Breast Implants: Cup Sizes and cc's

+3

There really is no precise correlation between cc's and cup size.

As you have probably experienced, there is no uniformly reliable standardization of bra cup sizing.  Most women may find their size can vary depending upon manufacturer and style of bra.

Having said that, a generalization is that 200-225cc will increase one's volume by about a cup size. 300-350cc will increase about 2 cup sizes.  Variations are the norm, depending on amount and shape of the natural breast tissue, skin laxity, size and shape of the rib cage.

With respect to your male friend's undoubtedly well-intended counsel, it seems his very limited experience has led him to erroneous conclusions which you should not construe as factual.

Silicone implants have a very natural feel, usually more than saline-filled implants. A capsule contracture can make any implant feel hard.  When you consult with your plastic surgeon, discuss the differences between silicone and saline implants, and how to avoid capsule contracture.

Best wishes in pursuing your goals!

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation from a small C to a D-cup

+2

The implant you suggest, 300cc, would likely give you a D-cup though the implant required may be larger depending on your breast shape and chest size. The 250cc implant is probably on the small side, though it all depends on your goals and look you want after augmentation. It is important that you explore the look you are seeking though photos, a trial bra, or sizers. Some even purchase a bra in a cup and style they want to wear to express the implant needed to get them there. We are with you on the saline implant and feel it is a very good choice, and relatively softer over time. You will find discussions concerning implant selection on our profile.

peterejohnsonmd

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast Augmentation

+1

In my experience, silicone implants feel the most natural.  I like the Inspira TruForm2 implants by Natrelle.  There is no guarantee of cup size based on the size implant you choose.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to go over the best sizing options for you.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Selecting a size of breast implants

+1

The actual size of a breast implant, measured in cc's, is really not very descriptive of what a breast augmentation will look like, or what the cup size will be. It is all relative to the size of the breast and the size of the patient preoperatively. A tall, broad-shouldered patient with small A-cup breasts may require 450cc implants to achieve a C-cup breast volume postoperatively, while a shorter patient with medium B-cup breasts may only need a 250cc implant to achieve a C-cup breast volume.

If a natural appearance is the goal, then the way to get the size right is to 'try out' different implant volumes and profiles in the operating room. Once the implant pockets have been created, sterile sizers can be placed in the implant pockets, and the upper half of the O.R. table raised so that the resulting breast appearance can be assessed with the patient in an upright 'sitting' position (chest fully upright) while under anesthesia. These sizers are available not only for each implant size but also for each implant profile: low, moderate and high (in this practice we use high-profile implants only in rare instances). Inflatable sizers are used for saline implant augmentations, and pre-filled gel sizers are used for gel implant augmentations.

For any patient there is obviously a range of implant volumes that would be considered natural-appearing, and a volume at which the upper pole of the breast begins to look very unnatural. While one patient may seek an augmentation that is 'perfectly natural', another may be interested in a result that is more on 'the full side of natural', and many patients do ask that the largest implant volume be selected that does not produce an unnatural fullness in the upper pole. By using breast implant sizers intra-operatively to determine exactly what breast implant profile and volume produces the best breast appearance in the O.R., patients can be provided with the closest possible approximation of their preoperative goals, and can be assured of a natural-appearing result.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Sizing of breast implants

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Size of bra after breast implants

+1

You will probably be a D cup.

It is very easy to be confused by this measuring system. Cup sizes are only used as estimates for clothing. Although the measuring technique for determining cup size is precise, the results of these measurements are not. Let me give you an example; weight is a very accurate measurement. However two patients that weigh 120 lbs are not likely to look alike. The same is true with two patients that have C cup breasts. This is why physicians tend to use volume (cubic centimeters or cc) as a more accurate measurement. Note: If you are trying to figure out what breast implant size you want to obtain, you can try the szing tool available through b4bra.com or read the articles about measuring there.

Size is a complex decision that is not only based upon your height, weight and current cup/bra size but ALSO on also on your breast diameter, waist, shoulder, and skin envelope measurements. These can only be assessed in person during a consultation. A good place to start is using my "Find your perfect size" tool listed in the left hand column of my bodysculptor.com home page. Another good place to look is the searchable database section of the physicians' photos on implantinfo.com. Best of luck.

Please see our website for a description of the procedure: bodysculptor.com You can view some of Dr. Placik's patients or many other patients by visiting the website:photo gallery

How to choose size for breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your photos and your question. Implant volume and cup size are very difficult to predict. This is mainly because cup sizes vary dramatically between bra manufacturers. There is no standard. The important characteristics to achieving a natural breast augmentation are to keep the implant within the anatomical confines of the breast, then tailor the volume to your goals. In other words, every implant has a height, width, and volume. The width of the implant should be less than the width of your breast. This allows for effective camouflaging of the implant. Based on how "large" you want to be, the projection (height) of the implant will allow for different volumes. By choosing an implant that fits your body, you are much less likely to have the "fake" result, but rather to have an implant which effectively "augments" your natural breast into a larger size. On the issue of silicone versus saline - neither implant is "hard." A hard implant indicates a capsular contracture (or extreme overfilling of a saline implant). Silicone has a more "natural" feel than saline implants.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast size increase with cc's and gel vs. saline

+1

There are two questions here. The first has to do with gauging breast size increase based on cc's of the implant. Unfortunately there is no simple way to measure breast size in cc's before or after the surgery even with pictures and the volume of the implant given. The proper way to size breast implants and know what effect they will have is to fit them by dimensions. The width (and height of a round implant) is determined by the width of your breast. The forward volume (profile) is a choice between low, medium, and high. If you choose a low profile implant (saline or gel-filled) matched to the width of your breast, this would make your breast appear to be about a cup size larger which from a low to mid C cup would look like a low to mid D cup. Higher profiles would go up further than that. Guessing that your breast is average width, a low profile implant might be about 250 cc's volume but we start from fitting and measurements and choices of profile rather than starting with the cc's of the implant. This is actually how to fit clothes properly or fit your foot in a shoe (except that there you can try it on -- external implants tried on for size don't work effectively).

The other issue is gel-filled vs. saline-filled breast implants. The only advantage of gel-filled breast implants over saline-filled is that they feel more natural. It appears that you have enough natural padding such that you won't feel the implant significantly (if properly positioned under the pectoralis muscle) and therefore you might choose a saline-filled implant which have a number of other advantages. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+1

Gel implants will probably be the softest. As for volume, an implant of the size you are suggesting may boost you a cup or so.