Small Bump Post-op. What's the Recovery Time / How Major is the Procedure? (photo)

I had a nose job 8 years ago to correct a deviated septum. I've been left with a small round, hard bump on the bridge of my nose. It's fairly obvious and looks like a little white spot. I've heard that it's a relatively minor procedure to remove this. What can I expect if I was to get this smoothed out? Thank you

Nasal Hump Post Rhinoplasty

+1

This is not an uncommon sequelae after rhinoplasty and can be remedied by an in-office procedure to reshape the dorsum. This can be due to previous scarring in this area or inadequate dorsal hump resection.

Bump on the nose after surgery

+1

Dear dlee2,

• This can be performed as a relatively minor procedure
  • It looks like you would need the bump shaved down and the area below it filled in slightly
  • When you are ready, please see a rhinoplasty specialist who can answer all of your questions and address your concerns

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Small Bump Post-op. What's the Recovery Time / How Major is the Procedure?

+1

Although a physical exam would be necessary to confirm this problem can likely be remedied with a closed rhinoplasty approach and minimal down time.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA