What is the Typical Recovery Time of SLUPlift Procedure?

In particular, I am interested in learning the after effects for the feeling in the neck and face areas. Is there a temporary or permanent feeling of tightness or discomfort?

Healing time for branded minilift - may the buyer beware

+4

You are referring to a branded minilift. Its proponents advertise a 60 minute facelift. There are many other branded procedures out there. I know, I have mine too! In and of themselves, branded procedures are meaningless.

Patients should be very critical when contemplating surgery. A branded procedure only means a doctor has trademarked the procedure. What is far more important is what the science and data are behind the procedure. Also important are why this procedure is anny different from any other branded minilift. The success of such procedures as the LifeStyle Lift are viewable on the website. They are not good.

So don't fall for a glitzy marketing campaign or slick advertising. I suspect RealSelf patients are more sophisticated than that anyway, so I hope I am just wasting my words.

SLUPLift

+2

Hi,

The neck tightness is temporary. The best advice I can give you is call us and we can give you a reference of a patient that recently had the procedure.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Mini lift names

+1

The lift you describe is a brand name. The mini-lift can tighten the neck and jowl areas and the tightness you feel is usually temporary.

Branded mini facelifts

+1

The most important question re a branded mini lift is not what is the recovery but will it give me the results I want. I am not an advocate for any of these but I suppose if you had the most minimal signs of aging, there might be a reasonable change obtained. But the more laxity you have especially in the neck, the less these work. Even in a full cheek and neck lift in my practice, there is only a 2 week recovery to a normal look in 90+% of the patients.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Buyer Beware

+1

SLUPlift, Lifestyle lift, Quicklift, Contour thread lift: all examples of branded facial plastic surgical techniques. All promising amazing results, virtually no downtime, results immediately. None of these procedures offer any advantages over currently available techniques and are certainly not considered advances in therapy. So the answer to the question is: expect a downtime of 10 days to 2 weeks. My advice: please so your research.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon