Slight swelling on my face after having juvederm in my top lip, is this normal?

Swelling is normal

+1
Swelling, redness, discomfort and possibly bruising can last for the first few days following the injection. Most of this settles down within 3 days. Occasionally, the swelling can last up to one week or two.

Cool, soft, flexible ice packs may be used (or small packs of frozen peas) to keep the swelling down. Place the ice pack on the treated area(s) for 15-20 minutes at a time, 3 or 4 times per day.

Swelling after juvederm

+1
Swelling after Juvederm in the lips is very common. Filler takes 2 weeks to settle and for the swelling and bruising to subside.  Best of luck

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Swelling after Juvederm

+1
Some minor swelling after Juvederm or other filler injection is very common. You may even see some redness in the area where it is injected. Swelling tends to be bit more pronounced in the lips. The thin lip mucosa tends to swell more than facial skin. I recommend cool ice packs to the area immediately after the injection. Swelling should subside within 24-48 hours for most patients.

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after juvederm

+1
Swelling after juvederm is 100% normal and happens to everyone.  The degree varies but everyone has swelling.  After 2 weeks the swelling generally subsides.   Try not to worry.  I have been doing juvederm for years and the swelling has always gone.  No exceptions!   My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Swelling

+1
Some swelling is to be expected. Some will swell more than others but just about everyone gets some swelling. If you think it is excessive check back with your doctor and they can give you some tips

Lee E. Corbett, MD