Slight swelling on my face after having juvederm in my top lip, is this normal?

Swelling is normal

I would suggest you wait it out for two weeks as the swelling may subside by then. You can use a pack of frozen peas to ease the swelling and keep your head elevated a bit while sleeping.

Swelling after juvederm

Swelling after Juvederm in the lips is very common. Filler takes 2 weeks to settle and for the swelling and bruising to subside.  Best of luck

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Swelling after Juvederm

Some minor swelling after Juvederm or other filler injection is very common. You may even see some redness in the area where it is injected. Swelling tends to be bit more pronounced in the lips. The thin lip mucosa tends to swell more than facial skin. I recommend cool ice packs to the area immediately after the injection. Swelling should subside within 24-48 hours for most patients.

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after juvederm

Swelling after juvederm is 100% normal and happens to everyone.  The degree varies but everyone has swelling.  After 2 weeks the swelling generally subsides.   Try not to worry.  I have been doing juvederm for years and the swelling has always gone.  No exceptions!   My Best,  Dr C

Swelling

Some swelling is to be expected. Some will swell more than others but just about everyone gets some swelling. If you think it is excessive check back with your doctor and they can give you some tips