Slit Wrist Scar Removal Options

Four months ago, I took a drug overdose and slit my left wrist. Thanks to a great therapist, I am doing much better emotionally. The slit wasn't too deep but the ER docs didn't take much care in stitching it up and I'm left with a pretty ugly scar, which remind me of that dark time in my life everytime I look at it. I'd like to improve the look and noticeability of it to help me move on in my life.

I have a scar on my left wrist from stitches received in the ER. What are my options to have it revised and/or made less noticeable?

Revising Wrist Scars

Depending on the angulation of the scar (transverse vs. various degrees of angulation) the new scar can be made less noticeable. Unfortunately, it can never be removed completely. I would wait at least 6-8 months until the tissue is soft and pliable to do the revision, the result will be must better.

Good Luck.

Dr. P. Aldea

6401 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119