Slit Wrist Scar Removal Options

Four months ago, I took a drug overdose and slit my left wrist. Thanks to a great therapist, I am doing much better emotionally. The slit wasn't too deep but the ER docs didn't take much care in stitching it up and I'm left with a pretty ugly scar, which remind me of that dark time in my life everytime I look at it. I'd like to improve the look and noticeability of it to help me move on in my life.

I have a scar on my left wrist from stitches received in the ER. What are my options to have it revised and/or made less noticeable?

Revising Wrist Scars

+1

Depending on the angulation of the scar (transverse vs. various degrees of angulation) the new scar can be made less noticeable. Unfortunately, it can never be removed completely. I would wait at least 6-8 months until the tissue is soft and pliable to do the revision, the result will be must better.

Good Luck.

Dr. P. Aldea