Can Slipped Implant Do Damage to Muscle 7 Years Post Op?

My breast implants are 7 years old, under the muscle. After having my daughter 2 1/2 years ago, my left pocket stretched and I can now feel my left implant moving around. It has become worse after losing the weight I gained and using weights at the gym and can be uncomfortable, but not necessarily painful. If I wait until I am finished having children to get this problem corrected (would like to get pregnant in about 6 months), can this dislocated implant do damage to my chest muscle?

Implant causing problems?

+1
The implant can't cause damage to your muscle, especially since you have had your implants for such a long time. Instead your pocket is probably a bit open too far laterally. This combined with weight loss makes the implant easier to palpate. You should be fine to wait until done with children as these issues are common and should not be harmful. Cheers, Dr K

Implant issue

+1

It sounds like your implant pocket is too large. The implants do not directly affect your muscle months or years after surgery.

Breast Implant Displacement and Timing of Surgery?

+1

Although it is very difficult to give you good advice without direct examination, I do not think that the displaced breast implant will do “damage to muscle”.  It will be in your best interests  to wait until you have completed your pregnancies to have revisionary breast surgery.  Based on your description, this revisionary surgery will likely involve breast implant capsulorrhaphy (closing off the breast implant capsule/space)  to help prevent the implants from “moving around” and displacing.

When the time is right, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be helpful to you. Make sure you see lots of examples of similar patients and their results.