What are my options for a slimmer face?

I'm considering the options for a slimmer face. I am 31 years old, asian, around 130lbs. As you can see I have what you call a moon face. I've read about buccal fat removal, botox for jawline contouring, or microsuction. What are the best options?

Slimmer face options in the Asian face.

+2

Slimmer face options in the Asian face is a frequent request. You will need the fat as you age to look young--it is one of the reasons that Asians look younger than their Caucasian counterparts. Do nothing for this. You look normal and pretty as you are. You need no surgery or Botox. You can always find someone to operate.

Options for a slimmer face

+1

I agree with Dr. Mayer.  As you age, the volume of facial fat you have will make you look more youthful, as a fuller face is a sign of youth.  Removing it will only expedite the aging process.  Patients who do not have much facial fat end up seeking ways to add volume to their face in their older years. 

Moon face

+1

Your face is a bit round and Iunderstand your desire to have more of a heart shape.  All the things you mentioned have been done. It really is best individualized., you should probably seeka a consult to be evaluated.

Facial analysis before cosmetic surgery

+1

The facial shape or outline is a result of soft tissue (skin, muscle, fat) and bone contributions to that shape. The skin contribution is usually negligible. That means surgery on non-surgical approaches have to focus on the fat, muscle and/or bone contributions.

The fat is addressed by liposuction and/or fat grafting. You have to be very conservative with this approach because the normal wasting of facial fat with aging may leave you with something you do not like when you are older. Muscle can either be botox'd or cut back. Bone can be shaved down or have implants placed on it.

From the single, limited view photo you posted it is impossible to say which if any of these options would apply in your case.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Masseter BOTOX is the new Buccal fat removal.

+1

Buccal fat is still a great procedure for the right person.  However, it was a much misused surgery.  Masseter Botox will give you a more refined jaw line contour and a more heart shaped face.  One of the advantages is that it does not involve surgery.  I would recommend this treatment.

Slimming the Face

+1

This is not an uncommon request in my practice for patients with a round face.  Round faces need to be contoured into a heart shaped face and should be performed by someone who is familiar with Asian faces.  Please contact my office for additional details.

Kimberly Lee, MD