Slimmer Inner Thighs: Coolsculpt, Endermologie, Liponix. Which Ones Work? (photo)

I would like slimmer inner thighs that do not rub together (please see photos). My cosmetic surgeon does not recommend further liposuction to this area as it would cause dents. What other procedures could get rid of teh fat on my upper inner thighs? Coolsculpting does sound promising, but does it actually work? What about endermologie, liposonix, vela smooth? Are these just gimmicks? Is the only way for me to get slimmer inner thighs through liposuction? Your help is very much appreciated.

CoolSculpting for inner thighs

+1

I can only speak to CooSculpting because we have had such success with this. Patients such as yourself have had great results reducing the bulge at the top of the inner thigh with CoolSculpting, which allows improvement with minimal risk of deformity and no significant down time.  Check out my website for before and after pics- there are some thigh photos there that I think you will find helpful.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipo for the inner thighs

+1

Hello and thanks for the questions and photos, Clara_bella. Of the non-invasive procedures that you mentioned, only coolsculpting might improve the shape of your inner thighs, if the apparatus can squeeze the areas to be treated.  However, I would recommend Smart Lipo to the inner thighs.  Since it uses a laser to break down the fat, there is less of a chance of contour deformities sometimes seen with traditional liposuction.  Also the laser would be used to stimulate skin tightening, so that you would have less of a chance of loose skin in this area.  Hope this helps and best of luck.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Options to refine inner thighs.

+1

Your photos show only a minimal amount of fat in the inner thighs.  Traditional liposuction with small caliber cannulas  would give you a tried and true way to finely sculpt this area with the least likely chance of contour irregularities.  However, the skin of the medial thigh may be loose after.  The other procedures you asked about are heavily marketed but are of minimal benefit and I would not recommend them.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Slimmer Inner Thighs: Coolsculpt, Endermologie, Liponix. Which Ones Work?

+1

Expert preformed low # of joules Smart Lipo Triplex might give you the results you desire. Other wise try each of those NON INVASIVE therapies to see if any would help. 

Inner thighs and liposuction

+1

The inner thigh skin is very delicate. The more it is liposuctioned, the more likely it will sag.  You might want to try Zeltiq to work on the fat a bit more.

Inner thighs are risky

+1

There is very little for you to gain in the inner thighs based on your photo. The thin skin there is prone to dents and problems. I'd advise you do nothing and forget those other procedures.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Slimmer Inner Thighs: Liposuction, Coolsculpting, Endermologie, Liposonix?

+1

Dear clara_bella,

Your photos suggest that you may have a small amount of additional fat that can be removed using liposuction.

For patients seeking fat reduction, fat sculpting and fat contouring, liposuction remains the best treatment, hands down, because it is the only treatment that can remove a large portion of the fat.

When it comes to liposuction, the skill and experience of the surgeon performing the liposuction is by far the most important factor. A good surgeon can achieve excellent results with a wide variety of liposuction methods, including traditional liposuction, laser assisted liposuction, ultrasound assisted liposuction, etc. Be wary of marketing hype trumping one type of liposuction over another.

For patients who do not wish to undergo a minimally invasive procedure (ie. liposuction) and are willing to accept a more modest reduction in fat (eg. 15-20% versus 50-70% for liposuction), Coolsculpting can be an appropriate option. At present, Coolsculpting can only be used for certain body parts such as the abdomen and flanks, although this may change in the future. Liposonix is another option, although the results tend to be even more modest.

Endermologie can temporary improve the appearance of cellulite but does not reduce fat. For those with cellulite, laser cellulite reduction (eg. CelluTyte, Cellulaze) is a much more effective and lasting option.

Please see an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD 

Larry Fan, MD

Liposuction and Medial Thighs

+1

You may have additional fat that can be suctioned if the skin is acceptable.  You do not appear to have a great deal of excess in this area, and this is always an issue of diminishing returns.  I would not recommend the other procedures you mentioned.