Slim Lipo on Lower Abs and Flanks

I did slimlipo a week ago. I had to remove quite little but still I can see improvement, but not as much i expected. After a week I can see my love handles, smaller though. I have not noticed much swelling, but after a week i can feel some cord-like limps under the skin. I wear the garment very tightly and I am afraid maybe I caused those underskin lumps to occure because of the folds the tight garment was leaving on my skin. Shall i still expect reduction of flanks after a week?

Slim Lipo Lower Abs and Flanks

+3

It is too early to evaluate your results.

It is common to swell more 2-3 days after any Liposuction procedure.

Skin tightening from the laser does not start for 6 weeks and continues for 6 month to a year.

It is important not to let the garment cause a crease in the area-see your doctor for a garment that includes the breasts to avoid this line.

Massage will help reduce swelling and lumps which are common the first 6 weeks.

Final lipo results

+1

Firstly, the best way to address post-operative concerns is with the surgeon who performed the procedure (and hopefully that was a board certified plastic surgeon). He or she can take a look at you and discuss your issues with you. That being said, it can take a full 3 to 4 months to see final results from liposuction.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon