Slim Lipo Skin Tightening on Lower Abs

I had slim lipo performed on my upper arms and lower abdomen. It has been one week and I can already tell the skin on the arms feel tighter. Lower Abs have less skin but don't see the skin tightening effects yet. How long does it take for the lower abs to tighten? Thank You for anyone that answers this question

Skin tightening after SlimLipo of Abs or tummy continues to tighten for 6 months early benefit seen by 6 weeks- months

+1

Skin retraction or skin tightening after Liposuction takes time. SlimLipo Laser Assisted Liposuction provides significant additional skin tightening beyond that seen with non Laser Assisted Liposuction because the heat of the laser causes tightening of the attachments of the skin to the muscles that are beneath the skin.

You need to understand the mechanism of the skin tightening to understand the time course. Tightening is caused by a process called inflammation of the fibrous bands-small string like bands that hold the skin tight against the abdominal muscles.

It takes 6 weeks for the inflammation to start to take effect. Thus visible skin tightening caused by the laser will not be evident until 6 weeks and will continue to improve and tighten for 6 months up to a year.

The immediate tightening that you see is due to removal of fat and the compression dressings placed after surgery.

It is not uncommon for the skin to look tight the day after surgery and then look looser a few days later as dressings are removed and fluid accumulates.

Be patient you will see a result