Can Slim Lipo Get Rid of my Gyno? (photo)

I am a bodybuilder so the tissue I have is not very fatty. I have that hard tissue behind the nipple. Some doctors are performing Slim Lipo but how do you know how much of the gland you are removing? And is this Slim Lipo strong enough to break up the gland?

Gynecomastia Can Be Treated with Specialized Lipo

+1
Thank you for your question.  Your concerns about the effect of laser assisted lipo on the gland are justified.  You do not have a lot of excess fat.  I suspect that you do have some breast tissue.  Laser-assisted lipo will help to remove any excess fat and give you some skin tightening.  It is not effective in removing the gland.  Traditionally, the gland tissue is removed through the areolas.   There are specialized liposuction cannulas that can be used to remove breast tissue in moderate cases.  My perference in more involved cases is to remove the breast tissue from the side of the chest.  This reduces the gland without leaving a visible scar in the areolar region.  Good luck!

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Eliminating the hard area in gynecomastia

+1

Once you just have that hard, mobile area right under the nipple, it is far more successful to just remove it through a periareolar scar. The scar heals great and is rarely visible, even in a bodybuilding competition!!!

Lisa B. Cassileth, MD

Gynecomastia correction with slim lipo

+1

As with much in plastic surgery, it all comes down to the physical exam.  Some types of gynecomastia are fatty and respond well to various types of liposuction, including slim lipo.  From your pictures, it appears that you have the type of gynecomastia that is made of firmer tissue.  This requires direct excision, usually through an incision at the bottom edge of the areola.

John Q. Cook, MD

Liposuction for gynecomastia

+1

I would say that about 1/3 of my gynecomastia cases that I do are redo cases where the patient had gynecomastia surgery elsewhere and liposuction alone was done. Breast tissue is too dense to go through the cannula. It is much more difficult to correct the male breast when liposuction alone has been done. The surgeon now has to deal with the scar tissue that has formed from the first procedure and contraction of the skin is more unreliable.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Liposuction for Treatment of Gynecomastia?

+1

Congratulations on the physique you have developed.  Although it is not possible to give you specific advice without examination, generally speaking liposuction ( of any variety) does not tend to do a good job reducing the relatively dense breast tissue. In my opinion, it is better to directly excise the gland ( partially).