I Have a Slightly Raised Mole on the Tip of my Nose. Would It Be Possible to Have It Removed with out Major Scarring? (photo)

It is barely noticeable, but I think it is becoming slightly more raised over the years. What would be the best technique with minimal scarring? Or should I just leave it be? Photo is attached.Would I be better off leaving it alone? I do not want a scar uglier than my mole. Does the nose heal well from shaving? Plastic surgeon or dermatologist? Thank you.

Slightly raised mole on the tip of the nose

+2

These types of moles can usually be removed by a "shave excision" method. With this technique, the mole is actually "shaved off" at a very superficial level just below the surface of the skin. This method is quite effective and typically leaves a minimal scar as noses usually heal well from shaving. The procedure typically takes less than a minute and is fairly painless. It is frequently covered by insurance when the mole is removed for certain "medically necessary" indications. Dermatologic surgeons are experts at doing this procedure.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole removal on nose

+1

For a mole on this area of the nose, I would recommend a shave excision method.  If need be to achieve better contour, a laser ablation can be performed immediately after the shave.    

Sam Naficy, MD

Flesh colored moles do great with just simple shaving them flat under local.

+1

Flesh colored moles when shaved flat under local look great and don't leave any ugly scarring. cost is roughly $85 for the office visit and $250 for the procedure and is so easy. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon